StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After eyeing V-Stroms for a few years I finally found one close by, low miles, and priced right. I've been a Suzuki fan since my first 'big' street bike was a 1980 GS750e but since then have had many other brands of street bikes and only a few Suzuki enduros through the years (TC125, TS185, and SP370).
I like to ride and like to try a variety of bikes. Current fleet includes a Buell Ulysses (more on that in a bit), first year Kaw Concours 1000, CB900 Custom with full Vetter gear, '72 Norton, and a few small bikes for fun (Honda C70 and Yamaha YSR50 to name a couple). I sold off a '09 Street Glide recently and while it was an extremely good touring bike, I'm just as happy riding the 30 year old Kaw or Honda or the 'new to me' Wee.
Thanks to our record setting weather here in Iowa I've got over 700 miles on the Wee already. My wife thought I was a little nuts since I already had the Ulysses but she is pretty understanding. They each have their place. The Wee is 'civilized' and way smoother around town and at low speed (according to my wife). It does not have the 'fun factor' of the Buell but is still a satisfying ride. The Buell is actually more comfortable at highway speeds but the only real complaint I have with the Wee is the handlebar buzzing that makes my hands tingle after an hour or two - and that is after adding grip puppies.
I'm heading south next week for a 2000 mile trip and I'm having a hard time deciding what to ride - the XB12X or the DL-650A.

Anyway, enough rambling. I want to thank everyone here for all the great info. I have done hours of reading both before and after my purchase. So far the Wee seems like a keeper and the support community here is outstanding!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Handle bar buzzing on a wee is not normal. I've put on risers, but even with the standard setup I never had any bar buzz. Does the buzz happen at all revs / speeds?

Edit: I just did a 350 km ride today and no problems. I should have put on the sheep skin as the arse was a little buzzy at the end!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say the 'buzz' is mostly at 6000 rpm or more on the highway so about a 75 mph cruise or higher. I might be more susceptible than most since the walk behind lawn mower and gas powered string trimmer does the same thing to me.

My Wee has the OEM handguards and bar end weights and no risers (yet).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts