StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.

I am new to this Forum and just thought I would introduce myself to you all. I am almost 64 and have been riding since I was 17. Wow were did the years go, I just traded a Yamaha Bolt on a 2017 V Strom 650 Lams and after waiting for a clear day took it for a run for the first time yesterday to Gloucester and home to Newcastle. My main reason for purchasing the V Strom was to give me the opportunity to travel to places were I was not able to take the Bolt. Any way if you see a red V Strom 650 around Newcastle give them a way as it may be me.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to the club. The red V-Strom is the best V-Strom.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Wouldn't be able to do that as easy with street tires That is why tire choice is important, one never knows what you will be up against, when touring.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome from Wyoming.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome:grin2:

You will be able to do so much more with the v-strom. People say it is not a"offroad" bike but looking at all the pictures on Instagram I would beg to differ. I mean look at the places the bike can go !

Its not the bike... It's the rider!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. My name is Mehmet Varlik and i am new to the forum too. I am a 40 year old pharmacist from Turkey (the country one) and have been riding since 5 years. I am currently on a 2013 DL650 and this is my third (and by far the best) bike. That's pretty normal considering the fact that the previous two were a Yamaha ybr125 and then another Yamaha mt250. I am the second owner of this DL650 and have been riding it for the last 18 months. It was 10k miles when i bought it 1,5 year ago and now it is 25k miles. No major problems so far and great time we've had together. That's all from me for now. Keep it rubber side down. Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts