StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone; I am a long time rider or many types and models of motorcycles as I started riding in 1965. My current ride is a 05 Yamaha V-Star 1100 which I have enjoyed a lot but I am now waiting to pick up my V-Strom 650 in March. The Star was the first cruiser I had ever ridden and probably the last, but it served the purpose at the time as I had a very bad knee and couldn't bent it much but now I have a new knee so I need to get back to the riding style I really prefer.
I enjoy the long rides and am planning to go to Alaska some time in the near future. I live in British Columbia, one of the best riding areas I know.
I am a 65 yr old woman who lives to ride.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Welcome, I also started riding in the mid 60's, had a Royal Star, & just got a VStrom.
Enjoy & safe riding to you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You will absolutely love the Wee. I came to the Wee from a Venture Royale and an FZ1 and am headed to Alaska in the next 2 years with my son who also has a Wee. Are you getting a 2012?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum loveriding. As you well know once bitten by the two-wheel bug it seldom goes away. Envy your location, at least in the warm weather. Good luck with your new scoot and your trip. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
There is a bonus.

If you study any thread with a lot of messages, and there are many to choose from, you will find that we Stromtroopers are passionate, curious, cordial, inventive, frugal, and hospitable.

Of course some us are jerks, including myself some of the time ...:yesnod:

From Stromtroopers in Ontario, Maine, Florida, British Columbia, Vermont, Missouri, Texas, and Newfoundland, I have had welcomes, guidance, hospitality, companionship, and lasting friendship. From others I have not met, I have received advice, cheerful (and deserved) ribbing, motorcycle parts, and philosophy.

So I welcome you to a community of people who are probably lots
better company than many of the folks you see around you every day.

This year, I expect to ride in Florida, Ontario, Québec, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, British Columbia, and maybe a few other states in the East or the deep South. I rode in about as many jurisdictions in 2011 and 2010.

Whether you use your motorcycle the way I use mine, or in different ways, you will find it dependable, comfortable (within limits), versatile, and not very expensive. I hope you ride to lots of places in BC, and elsewhere if you like doing that, and tell us about your escapades, both enjoyable and not.

As I have often said, enjoy your ride.
As I have said equally often, you do not have a choice in that matter.

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Keith is cool

It's always nice to meet up with Keith, who has never been a jerk. Ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts