StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I moved a few months bback to denver area and looking for some people who want to go out and have a few good times. Im a super novice rider in the dirt and would love to learn from those that have been there done that. I cam to here to ride in the mountains dirt roads and pavement. Any one game for a meet and greet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
new Vstrom rider in Morrison, CO

Don't spend much time on the forums. Riding only couple years. Picked up a 2012 650 ABS last fall. Put on 3000 miles, then winter hit.
Not many miles on the dirt yet. Picked up a WR250R to learn to ride off road so I can handle the Vstrom better. V is a bit heavy for learning off road.
Will be spending more time on the bikes again now that we're getting breaks between the snow falls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to be heading over that way for a wedding (unfortunately can't quite justify the trip now). My cunning plan was to hire a bike for a day and head up Pike's Peak... My kind of cruise!

Gavin

·
Registered
494 Posts
Don't spend much time on the forums. Riding only couple years. Picked up a 2012 650 ABS last fall. Put on 3000 miles, then winter hit.
Not many miles on the dirt yet. Picked up a WR250R to learn to ride off road so I can handle the Vstrom better. V is a bit heavy for learning off road.
Will be spending more time on the bikes again now that we're getting breaks between the snow falls.
We'lll have to meet up sometime this summer. Are you going to the Western V-Strom gathering in Silverton?

You wouldn't happen to have a "hook-up" to the Red Rocks Ampitheatre would you?:thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here in Denver

Hello, I'm here. I'd be happy to meet up for rides sometime. Weather is getting there. Been out a few times over the winter. I'm right in Denver, so front range is my local area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone up for a Meet up for a ride?

I am getting the riding bug between snow falls. Anyone on this thread interested in a meet up somewhere and a ride on dry asphalt? I am out near Morrison but would be willing to meet elsewhere. There are lots of canyons out this way.
I am only semi-retired so I am trying not to work Fridays. Weekends are usually good, and with enough notice I could make any day work.
I've been working on lowering my WR250R so I that can get a bit of boot on the ground, so my Vstrom is feeling a bit neglected.

PS. No hook ups to Red Rocks but in summer I can sometimes hear the concerts from my deck. (I'm south of The Fort Restaurant)
PSS. I've never ridden up Pikes Peak, but that sounds like a great ride.... when the weather is a bit warmer.
PSSS. I am working on filling up my summer schedule, and am trying to fit the VStrom gathering onto the calendar. (18,19,20 July) If that works, maybe a group ride would be in order.

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
I live about 320 miles north of you in Gillette. I hope to make a few trips down into Colorado to visit the roads and some friends (Estes Park, Leadville, Avon, etc) this summer. I will let you know if I head down there!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
havent been on in a while but glad to see some responses. I'm a weekend rider for the time being so if its above 40 i;m down to ride. I'm down for a meet up anytime you gents are. I get tired of riding solo all the time. Please p.m. me when you want to get together even if its for a meet and greet dinner!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm down for a ride/meet up too. Moving back to Denver in a couple days, I can hear the strom calling my name. Still all snowy/gravelly up in Summit County. Thanks for the heads-up on the Silverton rally, jdubyap. That sounds awesome!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm down for a ride/meet up too. Moving back to Denver in a couple days, I can hear the strom calling my name. Still all snowy/gravelly up in Summit County. Thanks for the heads-up on the Silverton rally, jdubyap. That sounds awesome!
Yep! Hope to see a bunch of guys from the east side of the rockies at the Silverton rally!

CO folk better be there for sure!:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts