StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a solid road tire...?! Any thoughts???? I don’t do a lot of ‘off-road’; bike used for commute n weekend rides to the beach/mountains. Advice appreciated

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
Bridgestone T31.

My thread. CLICK

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Metzeller Tourance Next. Awesome on the road and okay for light duty off roading. 10K miles plus on the rear, 18K miles plus on the front.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Tires are a personal choice and what works for some doesn't work for others. Any modern tire that fits your wheels will be fine. Also from looking at your location Kosovo I have no idea what's available too you.

Do you have budget constraints or prefer one brand over another?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Bridgestone Battlewings (BW-501 & 502) that come stock on the DL1000 give great road performance, very good durability, and are relatively inexpensive.. They'll even take you down the random dry dirt/gravel road with little fuss if you need to..

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Depends heavily on your location. Prices on tires vary. The T31s are pretty much the cheapest in dollars for good performance here, so that played a huge part in my selection.

If i wanted long lasting tires that allow occasional peg dragging, i'd be perfectly happy with battlewings.

No way i'm going to dish 100$ more per tire for a brand name and an empty promise of 20000+ kms, at least, never again lol.

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
The Bridgestone Battlewings (BW-501 & 502) that come stock on the DL1000 give great road performance, very good durability, and are relatively inexpensive.. They'll even take you down the random dry dirt/gravel road with little fuss if you need to..
Ditto, numerous sets have worked great on my DL650.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I really liked my Continental TKC-70 tires. They stuck well on wet pavement, lasted a long time, and also worked on dirt/gravel. I would buy them again. I agree the Battlewings were also decent tires. I have Mitas E07 dakar tires on now, these are great offroad and decent in wet as well. Very long lasting.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I'm loving Metzeler Tourance NEXT tires on my 650 . I've posted about em elsewhere on this forum, but in a nutshell, they are very quiet, grip fantastic in rain and dry, and have the uncanny ability to make one feel as if you're riding on a berm when going thru corners on pavement - such a sure footed feeling these tires provide. They even grip surprisingly well on dirt roads, as long as you don't get too frisky. I've tried Bridgestone Battlewings, Shinko 705's, and these NEXTs are by far my favorite.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Tires are a very personal thing as it is you that must have confidence in them to enjoy your ride.

Some of the tires mentioned here I would not use if they were for free but obviously others like them.

Reactions: madscrapper85
1 - 14 of 14 Posts