StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new Metzeler Tourance on my DL1000. It seems to stick much better than the previous tire which was exactly the same brand.
Just wondering why, given equal road conditions, should a new tire stick more.
I know it sounds like a dumb question but the same amount of tire is still in contact with the road.
Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
May be constructed with two layers of compounding, a soft one on top of a hard one. On the old tire, if it was replaced due to being worn out rather than to unrepairable damage, you'd have used up the soft compound and been running on the hard layer, on the new one you're running on the soft compound again.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Any tire after use will not be as good as new. Take NASCAR for instance. Once they get new tires after a pit the car handles better and it goes away after the laps pile up. They do however heat their tires to grip by swerving side to side and you will see this during cautions.

So enjoy and ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tourance EXP

It could be that you are now the proud owner of the new Metzler Tourance EXP. Metzler just updated the Tourance.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just put the Tourances on front and back (DL650) and noticed on the ride home that the bike seems very squirrly at all speeds. Is that because the tires are new, and will go away once they're worn in a little bit? Or is that because of the tread design?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts