StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having worn out the trailwing on the Wee, I took a chance on a Bridgestone T30 Battlewing (front). I do not ride offroad so went to a more asphalt biased design... and Boy! am pleased with the outcome. Granted the deathwing was used up so most anything would be an improvement but this tire lends so much confidence in corners and straight tracking I wish I had not waited so long. Details: I inflate to 36PSI as directed on Bike decal (not sidewall) and I reduced rear preload half a turn as the new tire is smaller in dia.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Having worn out the trailwing on the Wee, I took a chance on a Bridgestone T30 Battlewing (front). I do not ride offroad so went to a more asphalt biased design... and Boy! am pleased with the outcome. Granted the deathwing was used up so most anything would be an improvement but this tire lends so much confidence in corners and straight tracking I wish I had not waited so long. Details: I inflate to 36PSI as directed on Bike decal (not sidewall) and I reduced rear preload half a turn as the new tire is smaller in dia.

I just purchased a set of the Battlax T30's for my XT and have been waiting for my Trail Wings to wear out. I was able to ride the trail wings pretty hard but now that I have a more street oriented tire I think it will definitely inspire more confidence in the turns. What did you replace the rear tire with?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts