StromTrooper banner

Do you want a new sub-forum for the 2012+ V-Strom 650?

• YES

Votes: 84 76.4%
  • NO

Votes: 26 23.6%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want a new sub-forum devoted to the 2012+ V-Strom 650?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I think I do.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Quite a few significant changes warrant a new sub forum.

Also the new wee is at the beginning of its forum cycle, where threads go through the learn the new bike, address the farkling, discover the flaws and then go boring.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Different bike; different information; different forum

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Separate Forum...sure, why not. Now if the Moderators will only indulge... :yesnod:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I voted for it with some reservation. People tend to post in the forum for the model they own even if the situation applies to all models. Others who only read the forum for their model can miss valuable information. That's a relatively minor shortcoming though.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I voted for it but do have a question

Does this mean the new forum won't want previous DL650 people posting in it?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I would think it obvious that anybody can post a question about a model in that model's forum. If anybody knows an answer to a question, that would also be appropriate. I often post in the DL1000 forum because I've read a lot about the model and many questions posted there really apply to all V-Stroms. A perfect example is the current thread on street or dual sport tires in the DL1000 thread. Why would somebody think tires are model specific?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been a member of the XL Forum (Sportsters) for 8 years. When the Sportsters moved to EFI in 2007, they created a new sub-forum for the 2007 and up EFI bikes. It has worked very well. There really never has been an issue of posting in the "wrong" area... just like this site, there are general areas, areas for suspension, exhaust, seats, electrical... and such. I think a separate section for the new Stroms is a good thing.

G

·
Sure why not....
Maybe if they all get together, the 2012 riders won't feel so bad about not having the "Classic" model.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Why?
So 2012 owners can feel superior and tell us weenies to keep out of their forum?
We already have that.

Personally, I'd like them to stay together; it's one less forum to check for trouble to cause...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think it would be great, especially for a new owner like me..........:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
New Forum Request made to Stromtrooper Admin

I have brought this poll to the attention of one of the moderators and asked him to have the site admins give consideration to creating a new DL650 2012+ Forum. It's clear that a majority of Stromtrooper members are in favor of this action. Hopefully the admin folks will see that this will be a benefit to all Stromtrooper members. This forum will be especially helpful to the increasing numbers of DL650 2012+ riders that will be joining us this year and for many years to come!

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I would suggest making it a sub-forum of the DL650 forum. Hopefully that would encourage general DL650 topics to be posted in the parent forum, and only those specific to the 2012+ models to go into the sub-forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts