StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all, just today I received my DL1000, MY 2007, just 4600 miles on that.
I guess the bike is in very good condition.
My pockets were depleted, but beyond the traditional change of oil filters and spark plugs, please let me know what are the other adjustments necessary for this bike.

Since my bike kind of surges between 2000 and 3000 RPM I suspect it needs the TBS and/or TPS adjustment... I may admit it was never done on this bike due to the low mileage.

My second question is if you guys have some idea of how much $ the dealers would charge for this type of service....just a ball park, so i do not get terribly surprised.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you're in Toledo, I'd recommend going to Honda East in Maumee. Steve Heilman was the only tech who ever worked on my bikes when I lived in Michigan and Ohio for about a decade.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
First, congrats on your K7, very nice bike! Second, take a little time and build your own manometer. It will cost about 4 dollars in parts and you'll be able to sync your engine as well as any "component changer" at a dealer will. BTW- that dealers service you asked about...prepare to spend between 250-460 for them to "service" your bike but please don't be surprised when 20 miles later, it almost seems like they didn't really do anything beyond writing a service ticket.

You can, with approx a 76 or better IQ, do anything that you'll ever need to do including both adjustments and later, adjusting the valves. I'm sure that you'll be able to come up with some better ideas for several hundred dollars then to hand it over to a dealer. Seriously, stop looking at the big picture and focus on each little step....working on these bikes could hardly be easier is you take your time. You can also get plenty of help here as the level of talent on this forum is second to none!

jeff

·
Registered
386 Posts
Or

Just ride the beotch keep the revs up.

Its the pea under the mattress keeping you nerovus
Ditto. With that low miles I'm not sure a TBS is necessary. Go out, buy some Seafoam and drop some in your gas tank and as richw says - Ride the beotch out of 'er!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff Kushner, thanks for your inputs, by the way your avatar is just wonderfull, very inspirational:thumbup:.
Yes, I agree that I need to learn these simple things and do more by miself.
Changing oil, filters and spark plugs is easy, but for some reason I'm not being able to see the pictures for the TBS setup in our forum, I'll search that better, and may even find videos on YouTube, so I'll get there.

Ches Man told about this Seafoam.
Are you serious about adding that in the gas? Does it really work.
Guys sorry if this look stupid but I'm not sure if this Seafoam is a joke or a real advice, I just would like to confirm people really use this thing.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Are you serious about adding that in the gas? Does it really work.
Guys sorry if this look stupid but I'm not sure if this Seafoam is a joke or a real advice, I just would like to confirm people really use this thing.
Yes, it's real and the best product of it's type that I've found so far.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You are being cautious, but there isn't anything wrong with that.
Seafoam is a popular product to use on bikes like yours--a few years old with low miles--fuel systems get gummed up with such little use, especially with ethanol in the fuel.
Another product I have used with good results is Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Anything to help combat the effects of stale gas.
You will find your new bike likes to rev more than you'd imagine--they don't feel real energetic until the tach shows 3500-4000 rpm. She should pull real well at those revs-- and up.
Your bike is probably still like new, mechanically, so just ride 'er with confidence--Stroms are famous for being durable and very easy to live with. I have an '07 with 24K miles and I haven't needed to do much to it at all.
I did switch to a 16t front sprocket because the gearing is extremely high on the standard bike. You will have your own opinions on your bike's needs as you accumulate experience. Enjoy your new bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts