StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know. I could have picked out a better User Name. Oh well, so be it. Anyway, I am in Topeka, KS. I picked up the 05 DL1000 last night. And so far it has rained. UMM. Hope this message gets out and others in the area respond. Happy riding.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello From Garden City, Ks,

Picked up my new DL650abs in November........could not ride much this winter because of all the unusual ice and snow.........trying to make up for lost time now.

I sure like this bike, it is perfect for the kind of riding I do.

Don't see many Stroms in this part of the state.

JKK

·
Registered
39 Posts
Topeka!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Topeka also. Traded my KLR 650 for an "05" Wee this year. Love it! What side of town do you live on?

·
Registered
39 Posts
"Blue Wee"

If it was blue, it was probably me. I live a mile west of Auburn road and ride the Strom most of the time - errands - work - rain. I use to live in the 2500 blk. of Berkshire a couple of years ago. What color is your Strom?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a black DL1000 with luggage. Get THIS! I stopped in at the Suzuki dealership this a.m. and was chatting with the mechanic. I told him that I had just purchased a used Vstrom. He then told me about a KLR650 that was just traded in on a Vstrom 650:eek: I asked, was the guy a fireman? HE SURE WAS! So, there sat your old bike, waiting for it's new owner. How great is that story. Anyway, I live near 40th and Gage, by the new Blackburn's nursery. I'll probably be out riding tonight. Who knows, maybe we'll cross paths. Also, I probably know 1 maybe 2 of the guys you work with. What station are you out of? Was in Wichita several months ago at the WMD Public Safety Sampling Course, and one of your LT's was there.

Jeremy

·
Registered
39 Posts
I work on Truck Company #3, downtown at 4th & Jefferson. I just ran across a website for bikers here in Topeka. Topekasportriders.com. If your out tonight, they are having a scavenger hunt starting at Fairlawn plaza at 9:00. Tomarrow is the Sunday for the Cassody ride. Sounds like alot may head down there. Finally, no rain in the forcast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hello From Garden City, Ks,

Picked up my new DL650abs in November........could not ride much this winter because of all the unusual ice and snow.........trying to make up for lost time now.

I sure like this bike, it is perfect for the kind of riding I do.

Don't see many Stroms in this part of the state.

JKK
Hello there JKK. Sorry, I didn't see your reply until this evening. So, you bought the 650 in November? Just in time to get slammed with 12" of snow and ice. Man, that was one crazy winter for you out there. Are you riding the gravel roads or paved roads more out there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't make the scavenger hunt this evening. I am still waiting for my riding gear to get in. I ordered a Nolan NCOM 102 helmet and tourmaster jacket. I was out around 9:00pm for a short spin, and had to cut it short. I did not realize how chilly it gets when riding. Once the gear is in I'll feel better about riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another Topeka Strommer

Hey there guys. Figured I'd weigh in. I also am located in Topeka, SE Wisconsin area by lake Shawnee. Picked up my Wee October last year (light blue 06). Use it primarily to commute to work in KC and some dirt roads.

Just thought I'd say howdy from the east side.

:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear from you

Excellent! I'm sure we'll cross paths. The wife and I just got back from a ride out to Lawrence. Had lunch and watched the crowd fill the streets. Gotta love KU. And yes, K-State too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wichita Rider

Hello,
I live in Wichita but grew up south of Ulysses would be interested getting a group together with some riders.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in Lenexa. Glad to hear there are some others around. Kansas, I have the Nolan helmet and I love it. I also have Tourmaster gear.

Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Checking In

Wow, it has been months since I have checked in on this post--and the site in general. Good to see that we are starting to get a few more folks here in Kansas/Missouri. Jim, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey there guys. Figured I'd weigh in. I also am located in Topeka, SE Wisconsin area by lake Shawnee. Picked up my Wee October last year (light blue 06). Use it primarily to commute to work in KC and some dirt roads.

Just thought I'd say howdy from the east side.

:p
What part of KC to you commute to? I drive to KC 3 to 5 days a week, but haven't riden the bike there yet. Some of the commuters on I-70 in the morning are too focused on looking at themselves in the mirror and talking on the cellphone. I have my worries.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a new 08 Wee in Wichita these days............Hope to see a few others around!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts