StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, picked up a used 2007 DL1000 on Friday. Found this place and thought I would sign up for access to a great resource!

In addition to the Strom I have a 2019 KTM 690 SMC R supermoto. Man that thing is fun. After putting a few miles on the Strom it feels so tiny!

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
"thought I would sign up for access to a great resource!"

Hola, a great resource and once you get riding and meet some of the fellow forum members it will seem like even a better place.
Oh, you may find great items to purchase here too.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
M1K3: Welcome to the forum. I have a similar bike, a K6. I'm surprised that so many riders are giving our old machines a go. They may not be sexy, but they are a great ride. I've had mine for over 10 years and still love it. Enjoy your ride and the forum.

·
Vendor
4,663 Posts
Welcome,

With any bike there are some problems that a community like this learn about and find fixes for. And some fairly common upgrades. There is a thread around here somewhere that discusses common Gen1 DL1000 (Vee) problems and fixes. The great news is you are unlikely to have problem for which a solution has not already been found. Or a need that has not already been addressed by one of more solutions.

First though, check to see if your previous owner did the spacer exchange. https://www.adventuretech.biz/dl1000-rear-wheel-spacer-exchange.html

Then you can dive into farkling with mirror extenders, a fork brace, and a foot peg and control lowering kit.

Unless the bike still has the stock windscreen. That thing has to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts