StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew up 2nd gear from too many wheelies.

I have been told that the transmission can't take the abuse on a regular basis.

SO BE IT RESOLVED:

Suzuki needs to make a new 'Strom with a heavy-duty transmission for us hooligans.

I present to you: The VEELIE

Hey, pretty good name, eh?

Back to the bong now...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I present to you: The VEELIE

Which has a wheelie strong transmixup :green_lol:

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
kinda

I'm curious what, exactly, broke. Not that I'm wheelie-prone. If it was the gears themselves, you might be able to have a well-appointed local machine shop machine you new ones out of better stuff, with appropriate heat treatment, of course. I'm sure the gears, like most of the bike, were built to a price, which means just strong enough. Wouldn't be cheap, of course. Personally, if I was doing that, I'd also commission a lower ratio first-gear set (space permitting) too.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious what, exactly, broke. Not that I'm wheelie-prone. If it was the gears themselves, you might be able to have a well-appointed local machine shop machine you new ones out of better stuff, with appropriate heat treatment, of course. I'm sure the gears, like most of the bike, were built to a price, which means just strong enough. Wouldn't be cheap, of course. Personally, if I was doing that, I'd also commission a lower ratio first-gear set (space permitting) too.
Splines on gear and mainshaft.

Replacement would have cost a billion dollars.

New engine was the cheapest way out.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Well if casual wheelies are your thing then a VMAX is what you want

You can cheaply just get a really big rear sprocket which will produce wheelies while reducing pressure everywhere else

Check that Devil rear sprocket carrier and cush system as it could have contributed to the earlier failure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts