StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't decide between the Versys and Strom for several months. However, after finally riding both a few weeks ago, I went out and bought the Strom 650. Biggest complaint of the Versys was the vibrations. The Strom has an unbelievable smooth engine when I rode it. I have read about this in the forums but thought it was a non-issue. But when I actually rode both bikes, this was the deal braker. I hope to post some pics of my new bike soon.

Thanks to this forum for allowing me to make an informed choice. Suzuki should support this site somehow. I'm convinced that A LOT of people bought this bike because of the info on forums like this.

Great Job!!!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Not a Rough Rider

Yup, the DL-650 is smooth. I am glad you like it.

Welcome to the forum, where you will learn about a lot of cordial Stromtroopers near you. Sometimes I am among them, but never when the current month contains the letter R ... well, almost never.

Today I learn that, if Ottawa does return to the CFL,
its team will not again be called the Rough Riders.
Saskatchewan's Roughriders made sure of that ...
Rough Riders name off limits for Ottawa | Posted Sports | National Post

Pardon the renegade digression.
Keith :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
That's the inherent goodness of a 90 degree V-Twin; it has inherent primary balance. An inline twin does not; they have to counterbalance it to make it rideable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome hope you enjoy your bike. I just got mind and my 1st impressions are favorable. Ron

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just got one too !:thumbup:Now my drz400s is looking a little forlorn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
During my 2 months of Wee ownership, I sold my XR650L and KLR650. I think this bike will do everthing I need. Wife not so happy though, my 500 mile Sunday rides are starting to slightly upset her. As long as I can feel my finger tips and my butt, I keep going. These things I couldn't do before.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on your new Strom - I am new to this bike as well. I bought mine in July and have not looked back. I can honestly say I have no complaints! However, this forum is fantastic and has helped me research many other things as well - like how NOT to install the OEM hand guard covers incorrectly etc. You can find help and answers on just about anything! Welcome! I am in NC BTW. Howard

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey from Buffalo

Hey Ron,

I'm in California now but born and raised in buffalo (Rode 750 Tiger out from there in '76 and never came back weather too good here for riding. This Bills are quite a pleasant surprise this year.

I had an R80ST for 25 yrs prior to getting Wee and I cannot beleive the value of the bike for all that it does well. Good handling and touring. Times I wonder if I should have looked for a 1000 but like 650 fine.

My brother back in Buffalo still has a 1981 Virago (yes I guess it runs in family to get attached to bikes and hold for a while). He as been talking another bike and I told him to try couple buddies out at work (one has 1000 other 650). Problem he may have with Strom is seat hieight as he is used to that more cruiser position. He's not sure what he wants. Any of the more modern ones will be upgrade in most departments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts