StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like to overdo it with farkles and really keep to the "essentials". This year I got a new seat and tires and kind of got that "new bike" feeling, so I decided to add a Stebel for a project. After doing a little research, I decided to go with the Pat Walsh Designs Stebel Horn Kit for V-Strom DL650

They are currently giving free upgrades to the new BackMax horn and that is what I got. Gary there was very helpful and service was excellent.

Installation was easy. It takes a little while as most wiring projects do, but it isn't difficult. I did an extra step of spray painting the mounting bar flat black for a nicer look. As shipped, it is silver.

Note from the pictures, I bolted the relay to a plastic tab which requires drilling a small hole. The wiring is a little messy, but the picture was taken before I tidied up.

Bottom line - excellent vendor, nice product and the black looks very cool. Horn volume is loud. Would have preferred it to point toward the front instead of the side, but as is it makes for a good mounting situation.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
wow - that looks way better than I thought it would [I have the PWD mount and original metal colored model]. Looks like there's now a black plastic cover over the original's metal/silver housing - very nice indeed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
V-Storm,

Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

I just got mine in and installed it today.

Pat Walsh Designs has done it yet again. This is the easiest plug-and-play farkle you can hope for. Super easy install, super slick execution, and this horn is freaking LOUD.

I've been lurking on this horn mod, and to all those out there who, like me, have read all the reviews about how difficult this horn is to install, put that behind you.

Pat Walsh's kit makes this plug-and-play. All the wires are EXACT fit. I didn't even have to use any of the zip ties in the kit. Awesome!!!

I have the Pat Walsh crash bars, highway pegs, and bash plate on my Wee and they are awesome as well.

Thanks to all involved in this product.

Also, I have read posts where people complain that the Stebel tone is too deep and "truck like" and may leave cagers wondering where it came from--"certainly not from that motorcycle over there, right?"

To my ear, it is a high enough pitched tone that I don't associate its sound with a truck. It sounds high frequency enough to be a bike horn to me.

Cheers.

:fineprint::hurray::thumbup::var_29:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts