StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been nosing around the forum for a while, figured I'd introduce myself.

I have a black L1 DL650 and love it. :thumbup: Such a versatile bike.

I live in the Adelaide hills, and ride to the city every day for work, so it gets a good work out, I have put about 3,500kms on it in just over a month.

I have had a number of bikes before the wee, GSXR1000, TT600 Belgarda, VT750, GPZ750, ZZR600, and I must say that the DL has to be my favorite hands down.

Couple of niggles that are being rectified, the standard bar gives me the :furious: so today I picked up a Renthal Fatbar, which I will fit on Saturday. And I started playing with screen designs the other day to rid myself of the nasty wind buffering.

Anywho, hello to all out there, now for some pics.

The back road home :yesnod:

The first screen design, trying some different shapes and bends to get one I really like.

Fatbar

I have also started working out what is needed to make it into a thinstrom, I have a TIG welder and some metal skills so a bashplate, and crash bars are also in the pipeline.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side! Forget making a screen go and get a MadStad bracket. Cures all the probs for a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Welcome aboard. I like your thinking, modify what you can with what you've got, and plenty of pics of coarse

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome from an ex pat Croweater, born in Gawler and lived in Elizabeth. Where in the Adelaide Hills do you hail from. Looks damn cold from your pic!

FS

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome along, I too have a '11 wee and put 3500 on it in 4 weeks as well. :hurray:
+1 on the madstad with the stock screen, works perfactly.
Good luck with the farkling and make sure to post heaps of pics.
Cheers brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from an ex pat Croweater, born in Gawler and lived in Elizabeth. Where in the Adelaide Hills do you hail from. Looks damn cold from your pic!

FS
I'm up in Gumeracha, so I get to do Chain of Ponds every day :hurray:but yes it does get :furious: cold up there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I nearly bought a madstad, but decided that it would be more fun to have a crack at screen making, I have access to a plastics oven and polycarb is cheap enough.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm up in Gumeracha, so I get to do Chain of Ponds every day :hurray:but yes it does get :furious: cold up there.
Nice area :yesnod: We had our first biking holiday and went through your area on one of our side trips, but I was too slow in the hills for hubbys liking (he had to keep slowing down for me!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fatbars

Just put the Fatbars on and went for a ride, tested on dirt and road (100km/h zone) and wow what a difference :yikes:

Feels a lot more solid, standing on dirt is now a pleasure and no more skewed wrists :hurray:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great area, one of the icon towns in the Hills. That chain of ponds road is a bottler, need to keep your wits about you though, and as being a local you'd know why. Keep the right side up and enjoy your steed.

FS

·
Registered
532 Posts
Gongrats buying the Strom and welcome,
Another Ex pat here that first learnt to ride on Gorge, Chain of Ponds, Lobethal, One Tree Hill, Corkscrew, Mt Barker, Yankallilla.
Excellent part of the world to live and ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome

Welcome dsyfer, i've chatted with you over on the netrider forums, my 2011 L1 has 3400kms but is a couple of months older. Its only 16kms from where i live to work at Gawler, plus its getting cold so less joy riding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side! Forget making a screen go and get a MadStad bracket. Cures all the probs for a reasonable cost.
Welcome! I'm also in South Australia and agree wholeheartedly with the Madstad advice. I tried every position on the OE bracket to no avail. My first pleasant ride without vibrating helmet and blurred vision was the day I fitted the Madstad. Just do it. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all, thanks for looking in.

Had the fatbars on for a few days now and am really happy, no more forearm soreness from the bent wrists. Great position for standing control, more relaxed.

Verden, we'll have to meet up for a ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts