StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with the folks at Adventure MotoStuff. Apparently they will be offering a locally fabricated skidplate for the DL-650 and 1000 in a month or so. It will work with the SW-Motech and Givi crash bars as well. So if you're looking for a skidplate it might be wise to see what they have come up with. Should be beefier and less $$ than the SW-Motech too.... :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update?

Is there any more word on the new skid plate? I am waiting because the SW Motech is "foil" suitable for wrapping a Turkey before putting it the oven!
At $200 is a big rip off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Update?

element said:
Is there any more word on the new skid plate? I am waiting because the SW Motech is "foil" suitable for wrapping a Turkey before putting it the oven!
At $200 is a big rip off.
That's all they told me. You can call them and they will add you to their notification list though. They also have a nice luggage rack/topcase mount that will be available soon. Just look at the "new products" section on http://www.amotostuff.com

S

·
0 Posts
While on this subject is the skidplate from SW Motech the only one available currently?

·
Registered
78 Posts
steve tech said:
While on this subject is the skidplate from SW Motech the only one available currently?
Pat Walsh designs, looks pretty good.

The talk on the Adventure motoworks is true. I called last week and got on the waiting list. I really prefer the Givi crash bars(yes I said it) over the others. The Amoto skid plate is said to be compatible with them as well as others. It is also supposed to work with both center stands available(Zuk and SW). I am definately going to wait and see the results before ordering.

Have a good one, SFS

S

·
0 Posts
Pat Walsh skidpan looks good but Ive heard you can drag it on hard corners. Have they changed the design yet?

·
Registered
640 Posts
steve tech said:
Pat Walsh skidpan looks good but Ive heard you can drag it on hard corners. Have they changed the design yet?
The last I heard about this was that Pat admitted there was a problem and has corrected it and he has replaced/is replacing the older version at no charge.

I should be getting my PW set this week.

Matt

S

·
0 Posts
Let me know how it goes! I need to get a skidplate this year and right now Im very unsure which way to go.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a Dan Vesel's skid plate on my bike and like it alot. you dont need any crash bars to mount it and its made out of steel not paper thin aluminum.

Wingman

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wingman,
Can you use that skidplate to lift? Looks like it would make a bikelift real easy. Stock, the bikelift is a real art-and time consuming too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
oregun_strom said:
I just spoke with the folks at Adventure MotoStuff. Apparently they will be offering a locally fabricated skidplate for the DL-650 and 1000 in a month or so. It will work with the SW-Motech and Givi crash bars as well. So if you're looking for a skidplate it might be wise to see what they have come up with. Should be beefier and less $$ than the SW-Motech too.... :D
I emailed Adventure MotoStuff to inquire about this. They have a picture of a decked out DL650 with a nice looking black skid plate, which I assume is their prototype. They gave me the same spiel Mr. oregun_strom got late last year. Supposed to be ready in 4 weeks, but that is what they said in December. It does look good. Maybe my procrastination will once again pay off!

·
Registered
19 Posts
almost available

I checked the site a couple days ago and they have the photo of it and says it will be available in April. Doesn't say what the price will be.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Adventuremotostuff Skid plate

Well they must be back ordered. I got mine from Chad last summer. Really like it. I didnt want to wait for the black one he has available and almost regreted it till I got Touratechs radiator guard ( the price reflects how proud they are of them). The silver contrast on that black bike is sweet! Didnt quite like the U-bolt set up you need for the Givi crash bars so I welded two tapped out tabs to the bars and used those to fasten it to the bike. Although once I saw how Chad intended it to be done I think it would work just fine. Soon as I can figure out how to post a pic Ill do it. Sure have it all decked out!

·
Registered
369 Posts
catneck said:
Wingman,
Can you use that skidplate to lift? Looks like it would make a bikelift real easy. Stock, the bikelift is a real art-and time consuming too.
Yes, the deluxe plate was made specificaly with lifting the bike in mind. Its about $50 more then the standard one but in my opinion, its worth it. One thing though, you will not be able to install a center stand with this plate.

Wingman

K

·
0 Posts
AMS bash plate

They said mid April that the ETA is 4-6 weeks, that's end of May.

·
Registered
22 Posts
But Why? I am dying to see one, I have to get some crash guards on before I really take it off road.. I was leaning toward a Pat
Walsh but I really want two see this one first.. The wait is killing me, or maybe my bike no better than I drive. :p

H

·
0 Posts
this is the reply I got from Adventure MotoStuff today:

Hoppy,

The new one is still 4-6 weeks out.
I have one of the SW-Motech ones available in Black for $229. It will only attach to the SW-Motech crashbars.

Chad & Judi Olson - Owners
Adventure MotoStuff LLC- Your Motorsport Adventure Outfitters
3331 Hwy 50 E, Unit 7
Carson City, NV 89701
(775)841-3777

I got a feeling it will be longer than that so if your in a hurry you might want to try one of the many other brands.
Just my $.02.

Hoppy

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just emailed them, they could let me know when they are ready.

i also asked them not make then overpriced like the "other company" as they have a bunch on the shelf,,for a fair price,theyd sell everyone they can make,and we wouldnt be retrofitting from dirt bikes.

the thing is,,,these days,,no one wants to get rich from having a quality product and charging a fair price,and selling tons of the item.

everyone wants to get rich from charging the craziest maximum,for the least quality they can get away with.,,,then they wonder why they arent rich.

if their goal is getting rich,,they wont.

if their goal was quality and service,,they couldnt help but get wealthy.

sigh,,the american way is gonna drown this nation..

roy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts