StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, their is a New Skid plate design out now for the DL1000 2014 & newer. Available in both steel and aluminum. Both powder coated black. So strong, you can jack the bike off the ground using the skid pate. Check it out at Enduroguardian.com It's impressive.
There is also a Radiator guard available and other accessories like HWY pegs. Worth checking it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,760 Posts
That's a whole lot of money for a bash plate. Hope the rider is serious about going where they shouldn't be to need it.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it mounts to the crash bar? Cant really tell. Do you have to have the 'adventure' model with crash bar for this to work?
You can use GIVI crash bars or SW-MOTECH if you want. The skid plate is adaptable to most crash bars.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a whole lot of money for a bash plate. Hope the rider is serious about going where they shouldn't be to need it.
Most people who protect their bike are people who learned the hard way what happens if you don't protect the manifold or engine or mostly the filter. The other people who protect their bikes are the ones who don't want to find out.
I have received 100's of horror stories and a lot of them was from people just going down the HWY. Things fall out of pickups or just chunks of barks from a logging truck or just a small road kill. Next thing you know, your oil filter is leaking. A $240 dollar investment doesn't seem that bad then. Better than stranded on the side of the road.
My self, I just got tired of beating my $300 dollar aluminum skid plate back into shape every time I came back home. So I designed my own. And never had to do it again.

·
Registered
387 Posts
EG steel plate at $210 is a better deal than the SW Motech plate at $268. EG bomb-proof plate does not attach to engine casing like the SWM. I'll be ordering the EG skid plate this riding season. Looks pretty good, too. YMMV :nerd:

Already have the EG radiator guard and very pleased with it...

·
Registered
15,760 Posts
Narcosis junky,
I had one of your plates, I think. A great substantial thing that was built to last the ages.
Funniest thing is it came wrapped like a Waterford Chrystal bowl. Greater care couldn't have gone into the packaging.
It was a bit too much for me and I made someone else going to Alaska happy with a trade.
I have no doubt that the serious riders make the best of their investments. Good on them.
I do have a Weld86 bash plate and feel it's what I need for my uses.
Pardon old pensioners from marveling at the current market values!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have finally decided on which plate to replace my dear, departed Pat Walsh set up. I'll be ordering tomorrow.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got mine on this weekend too. It looks great, and the install was relatively easy. It looks great.

The big thing I don't like about it is that you have to remove the whole plate to change the oil and filter. I'm not even worried so much about dripping the oil directly on the plate as I did that on my old Pat Walsh plate and it was fine...

Yann mentions this in his description of the plate, so not really a knock on him or his design. This thing is burly and seems awesome, it'll just be annoying to remove it every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts