StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 DL 650. I have been riding with the stock seat but I sent that off to go to Russell. In the meantime, I was able to buy a DL1000 seat to use while my stock gets re-done at Russell. Anyway the suspension seems to be a bit harsher with the 1000 seat. Any reasons why? I was having Russell raise my 650 seat a little to get more leg room. Now I am wondering if thats a good move. Maybe its all in my head but just doing my morning commute to work over the same bumps it didnt feel as smooth. I cant see how an inch higher would change anything.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I put an even taller seat on mine, and the suspension nearly bucks me over the bars!!!

All kidding aside, the newer seat may have moved you more towards the front of the bike, making your bike feel different when you slap the same ol' bumps you usually hit. A couple of clicks of preload either way may do the trick.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I put a DL1000 seat on my 650 and didn't feel any difference in the suspension. I sit higher and have a more comfortable butt, that's about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts