StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That's good to hear. We had a similar experience recently in Vancouver WA. I stopped at a convenient car repair place to get a turn signal bulb replaced because I couldn't figure out how to get the lens off to access the bulb, which I had already purchased. They installed it and wouldn't take a penny for the helpful service. I can't remember the name of the place now but know right where they are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goodbye squared off rear! After the snow event in PNW passes I’m looking forward to scrubbing these in and exploring a logging road.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Don't know about the OP but I got sheets of 3M reflective material at a BMW dealer and cut out my own shapes depending on the luggage. Comes in a 8 1/2X11 sheet. 2 in a package. I've see the sheets in yellow and black. It doesn't show much during the day on black luggage but shines like a bulls ass in the moonlight.
Next time try the 805's. I put on a 805 rear and was surprised at how much more solid the bike felt in the twisty stuff.
Shinko makes a great moderately priced product.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
There is also reflective tape with red and white segments that truckers put on the trailers. Probably available at truck stops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I switched to the 705's late last year and love them. A little strange at first concerning turn-in, but got used to that pretty quick. Stickier than I thought they'd be. Will keep getting them if they give me decent mileage (can't be worse than the crap the bike came with).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you don't mind me asking, what reflective tape did you use on those cases? Thanks!
Sorry for the late response.
Just a package of retro-reflective tape from Amazon that I purchased in '15 with the bike. I'll check my tool chest tomorrow and get back to you. I've been happy with the tape. It reflects nicely and has been going strong for almost 4 years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for the late response.
Just a package of retro-reflective tape from Amazon that I purchased in '15 with the bike. I'll check my tool chest tomorrow and get back to you. I've been happy with the tape. It reflects nicely and has been going strong for almost 4 years.
If you don't mind me asking, what reflective tape did you use on those cases? Thanks!
Reflexite REF-DB Retroreflective V92 Daybright Tape: 1 in. x 15 ft. (Silver-White) by Reflexite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JGNT18/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2C7UCbFMD2182
:smile2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts