StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all just fitted a set of Motoz GPS tyres to my 14 dl650 , commute to work everyday but want to do a bit more easy dirt on the weekends so thought this tyre might be a good compromise.
Any Aussie riders had these on there strom ?

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not on the strom but my tire dealer was pushing the Tractionator GPS last week as a possible replacement for the Kenda 270. 50/50 treads. Looking forward to seeing your mileage, could be a possible contender to the K60.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That tire looks fairly aggressive......only one way to find out...........

·
Registered
868 Posts
For what you are talking about check out Anakee 3's great all rounder but not for the mud.

Reactions: RazzleH and Unco

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I hate Anakee3's in the dirt....for me they don't even come close to the previous Tourances I had on before.....however...on the blacktop....the Anakees are bloody awesome....but i lost my confidence in the dirt due to them.

Cheers

Wobbly_boot

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I agree Wobbly Anakee 3's are awesome on blacktop, I am 8,000klms through with a set of Avon TrailRiders and they have the best dirt feel from a 90/10 tyre I have tried by miles, way better than TKC 70. Not quite as good on road as the Anakee's but not far off. Zero tyre noise but already showing signs of flat spot on the back so as usual with softer feel tyres you just don't get the milage.

Rated - Avon Trailrider Tyre - Brake Magazine

Cheers
Razor

·
1,237 Posts
Long time no hear Razor :grin2:

Anakee3 are not bad but the Anakee2's were better IMO and a good all rounder.

V2man has found the Anakee3's great on dirt and even 2up.

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi all just fitted a set of Motoz GPS tyres to my 14 dl650 , commute to work everyday but want to do a bit more easy dirt on the weekends so thought this tyre might be a good compromise.
Yes Unco, have a GPS rear on my 650....seems good enough. I would prefer the old E07 without the centre ring for more sand and dirt.

PS I have an Anakie Wild on the front for outback trip I did. Good mileage and great directional tracking in softer stuff. A bit noisey on the tar though. Its all a compromise. :smile2:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Wobbly_boot, try lowering your tire pressure for off-road on your Anakee 3s and see whether there is any improvement. I like mine around 20psi front / 25ps1 rear, for off-road use. I carry an air pump to inflate for when back on the tarred roads (36 -38psi front /40-42psi rear), depending on extra load being carried.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes – I've got the Motoz Tractionator GPS on at the moment, and really liking them. Initially, they are a little noisy on the tar – but that does quieten down a smidge. I'm finding the handling on tar and the grip on unsealed roads, rutty hillclimb and boggy bottom river crossing with deep sandy steepish bank on exit to be all good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm excited for new rubber the TW that came with the bike look about 5 years old and the front has little spider cracks on sidewalls. Anakee 3 being installed then I'll do my first pad install using tne manual and the tips on here. Sounds more dangerous when its in print :surprise:

·
Registered
859 Posts
For what you are talking about check out Anakee 3's great all rounder but not for the mud.
Pardon for the minor hijack but I've been considering a set of these. In Texas we have a lot of low water crossings that are literally little concrete mini bridges that can be submerged. Problem is they get that slick moss on them. How you reckon the Anakee 3's would handle that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts