StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just bought a used 2017 DL650A with only 5k km (3k mi) on the odometer. I have ridden dirt bikes (DRZ 400E) for the past 7 years, but this is my first experience riding on the road...so far its fun except in traffic.

I am in the process of ordering and installing the necessary stuff from AdventureTech so the ergonomics are better, I am 6'4", and plan on riding in my area when there is not much traffic for most of the summer. I am registering for a motorcycle safety course for later in the summer, since they are all booked-up this and next month.

So far I am really enjoying the riding!

·
Registered
2019 DL650
20 Posts
Welcome to the love! I got a 2019 in January with 1820 miles, so we are in a similar situation. My main recommendation for you is the sw-motech centerstand. I'm 5'8", so no advice on bike setup or comfort for you.

·
Registered
2007 dl650 v strom
4 Posts
Hello all! I just bought a used 2017 DL650A with only 5k km (3k mi) on the odometer. I have ridden dirt bikes (DRZ 400E) for the past 7 years, but this is my first experience riding on the road...so far its fun except in traffic.

I am in the process of ordering and installing the necessary stuff from AdventureTech so the ergonomics are better, I am 6'4", and plan on riding in my area when there is not much traffic for most of the summer. I am registering for a motorcycle safety course for later in the summer, since they are all booked-up this and next month.

So far I am really enjoying the riding!
Welcome to the gang. Being from the land down under, I had an encounter with a kangaroo many years back, resulting in a dickie knee. I find the big distances and long seat time here a bit of a pain on the old knee. At 6.4 I reckon you might have similar issues. However, the strom is a gem of a choice, and mine has served me well for 145,000km of "bush bashing" in the outback. I live adjacent to a national park and often come across adventure riders on all sorts of weapons. When I blast off into the distance and leave them eating dust on their BMWs Multistradas Triumph Tigers and even the odd KTM, they can't beleive it. I guess they had been watching too much YouTube and figured they needed those machines for the job. What they really need is some riding skills, which money can't buy. Take it from me, even if the knee bend becomes a challenge, you will be be happy with your weapon of choice. If the Australian bush can't kill it, then you won't have a problem. Enjoy, Buzz

·
Administrator
14,823 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts