StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom DL650 Adventure
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this 2007 VStrom DL650 Adventure as my first bike and couldn't be more excited.

My first ride as its owner was to a local bike shop for a tune-up, as the previous owner (who had a StromTrooper sticker on the rear fender) reported it stalled at times when coming to a stop, and pointed me to this thread.

Excited to engage with and learn from you all.

Best,
chrisF

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. From experience, if you drag your toe on the ground in a corner, sneakers come off sometimes. Good looking bike.
Thanks! And yes, I feel like a noob wearing those in this pic. I have proper boots to ride in, but failed to bring them when I picked up the ride. Other than this case, I plan to 'wear all the gear, all the time.'

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome, nice thing about picking up an older used model is that they are typically fully farkled and need literally nothing. Adult owned bike goes a long way too, never abused-probably. This seems to be the case with yours, enjoy the miles you put on it, I'm sure they will stack up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome, nice thing about picking up an older used model is that they are typically fully farkled and need literally nothing. Adult owned bike goes a long way too, never abused-probably. This seems to be the case with yours, enjoy the miles you put on it, I'm sure they will stack up.
That was one of the big draws of this Wee. I had a lot of trust in the previous owner, as I was not just buying his bike, but how he rode and took care of it. Really happy to join this community through that purchase.

·
Registered
2007 v-strom 650
29 Posts
Welcome and I did something similar. First bike I've owned, also an 2007, also trust in the previous owner, and so far so good. Although I have managed to already add and change quite a bit of stuff, but also aware that it already had much stuff done to it. One of the previous owners was clearly also using advice from this forum . . .

·
Registered
K9 Wee
420 Posts
Welcome from Northern Minnesota. My fist bike is a K9 Wee. Started riding 5 yrs ago at age 56. Had dreamed about it for a few years. Did it, and so glad I bought the Wee.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

Reactions: chrisF_YNWA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Northern Minnesota. My fist bike is a K9 Wee. Started riding 5 yrs ago at age 56. Had dreamed about it for a few years. Did it, and so glad I bought the Wee.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema
Envious of your moto travels throughout the upper midwest, Canada and Alaska...

·
Registered
2009 V-Strom 650, 2009 Ninja 500R, 2019 KTM 450 EXC-F Six Days
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! My 2009 650 exhibited similar stalling when coming to a stop, which was remedied by a throttle plate sync then an idle air sync. Worth adding to the list of things to try in getting to the bottom of it.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome Chris. Bought my 2005 DL650 6 months ago now. about 30,000 miles and had suspension work done. great bikes, and yours looks great......Enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Welcome aboard; looks like a great bike!

On a previous bike I had, a similar stalling issue was resolved by a valve check/adjustment. Were I you, I'd go through the standard maintenance schedule and do anything that you can't verify was already done. That'll likely fix it right up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just picked up this 2007 VStrom DL650 Adventure as my first bike and couldn't be more excited.

My first ride as its owner was to a local bike shop for a tune-up, as the previous owner (who had a StromTrooper sticker on the rear fender) reported it stalled at times when coming to a stop, and pointed me to this thread.

Excited to engage with and learn from you all.

Best,
chrisF

View attachment 291562
Welcome Chris!!
You chose wisely!! ;):)
Congrats on the new ride. I’m on a 2012 Wee… love love the bike. Bought it in April of this year. Rode several gravel roads and some pretty gnarly Jeep trails to a recent paved 2 lane 500+ mile trip. It performed flawlessly. This bike loves the twisties. Enjoy it, have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
2012 VStrom 650, 2010 Wr250R, 2007 Drz400S
11 Posts
Congratulations on the Strom! I just picked up a 2012 Wee as my second bike (my first 'road' bike). Looking forward to digging deeper into the forum too! Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations on the Strom! I just picked up a 2012 Wee as my second bike (my first 'road' bike). Looking forward to digging deeper into the forum too! Enjoy!
I made a big Switch… Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 full dresser, cruise, stereo all the bells and whistles, tipping the scales at 890 lbs…to the Wee 650, absolutely no regrets 👍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts