StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just picked up this clean 2015 dl1000 with 28k miles. New to riding on road and new to the Suzuki v stroms. Any tips or advice welcome.

I’m Looking forward to these Michigan summers maybe I’ll see you out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to the herd. If you're new to street riding, there are many here, myself included, who will encourage you to learn everything you can about interacting with other drivers who at times seem to be out to kill you. Any off-road skills you have will only help. You've picked a great bike to learn on. My best recommendations would be to make yourself as conspicuous as possible and get a copy of Proficient Motorcycling and study it. Best, DD

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Don't feel too bad if one of the moderators comes along and deletes all 6 of your duplicate intro posts. We all had to go through the learning curve on how to post on this forum at once stage or another, so one can understand the reason for the extra threads.
Any how in reply to your request for tips, my choice of threads (discussions) on riding advice (in no particular order) are:
Advice on riding,
Countersteer What??,
Tight U-Turns,
The Pace,
Braking Technique - Advice? and
Why You Need to Be Trail Braking Motorcycle Trail Braking Explained
There are many more such discussions that I may have overlooked in my listing above.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum. Don't feel too bad if one of the moderators comes along and deletes all 6 of your duplicate intro posts. We all had to go through the learning curve on how to post on this forum at once stage or another, so one can understand the reason for the extra threads.
Any how in reply to your request for tips, my choice of threads (discussions) on riding advice (in no particular order) are:
Advice on riding,
Countersteer What??,
Tight U-Turns,
The Pace,
Braking Technique - Advice? and
Why You Need to Be Trail Braking Motorcycle Trail Braking Explained
There are many more such discussions that I may have overlooked in my listing above.
Yeah kinda weird. It kept giving me some error when I would hit create.

Anywho thanks for the tips. How about oil changes and chain maintenance do you have some good threads saved on those topics. There Should be some sticky threads. My bike didn’t come with a owners manual so I have to go to the Suzuki dealer for that, but I will however be buying the service manual online for 90$

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, I guess you really wanted everyone to know you're here with 7 post. Nice ride
Lol thanks man. And for whatever reason it was giving me an error when I tried posting with a pic. even with an error it still posted. Whoops

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Handwriting Wood Rectangle Window Font

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome! What part of Michigan?

If you're wanting to ride up north, there's a thread on advrider about the UPAT or Upper Peninsula Adventure Trail. Might be worth checking out. They have a GPS file that you can download on your phone and info on a mapping app that reads the file and shows where you are on the map, even without cell service. (it's really spotty up there)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! What part of Michigan?

If you're wanting to ride up north, there's a thread on advrider about the UPAT or Upper Peninsula Adventure Trail. Might be worth checking out. They have a GPS file that you can download on your phone and info on a mapping app that reads the file and shows where you are on the map, even without cell service. (it's really spotty up there)
I’m in southern Michigan. I’ll have to check that thread and app out sounds awesome. And Yes cell service is not good up there, we go up trail riding on the quads but it’s always been south of the bridge. The U.P. seems like a whole different animal. Thanks for the tip bighammer!

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki VStrom 650
8 Posts
Welcome! Once you get out of the grid, Michigan does have some pretty riding. I'm about 20 minutes or so south of Flint

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts