StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grin2:Well after a few hundred miles on the new to me 2011 L1 I have started a list of upgrades. The first of which will be the peg lowering kit and grip covers from Adventure tech. I am 6' 3" with a 34 " inseam so I think these will help me get more comfy on the bike. I am used to floorboards so I just have to get used to pegs. I think the bar risers will help too but I am not sure yet. Also I am going to have to either get a air ride or sheepskin to raise me a bit, but I will keep my eyes open for a seat too. I have a Corbin on my cruiser and like it but I also live close to the Sargent folks in Jacksonville Fl so that may be a possibility in the future as I can just take the seat and leave it with them. I have changed the oil and serviced the chain and fiddled with it almost daily. This is an awesome bike, I just cant say enough good things about it.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Where's Waldo? in Florida apparently. Hola! The Air Hawk air seat really isn't about height but about evening out the pressure on your Bum. Sheep skins aren't thick either. I got a seat topper from Rocky Mayer that is a actually a thicker tractor seat device that gives me more leg room on my 650 BMW.
An actual seat rebuild from Sargent may be a decent choice.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
congrats.

you may want to ensure valve adjustment maintenance is up to date. a headlight relay is also good preventative maintenance as many have discovered.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:grin2:Well after a few hundred miles on the new to me 2011 L1 I have started a list of upgrades. The first of which will be the peg lowering kit and grip covers from Adventure tech. I am 6' 3" with a 34 " inseam so I think these will help me get more comfy on the bike. I am used to floorboards so I just have to get used to pegs. I think the bar risers will help too but I am not sure yet. Also I am going to have to either get a air ride or sheepskin to raise me a bit, but I will keep my eyes open for a seat too. I have a Corbin on my cruiser and like it but I also live close to the Sargent folks in Jacksonville Fl so that may be a possibility in the future as I can just take the seat and leave it with them. I have changed the oil and serviced the chain and fiddled with it almost daily. This is an awesome bike, I just cant say enough good things about it.
If your pegs seem a bit narrow front to back, you could replace them. I only ride on pavement and I wanted something bigger on my 08 Wee. I went to the Goldwing forum and bought a set of used Goldwing pegs. They dropped the peg height slightly and now I can move my feet around to different positions while riding with plenty of side to side and front to back area. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: David Waldo

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If you add 2" risers drop the front by lifting the fork legs 12mm in the tripple clamps. Helps with cables not getting too tight and quickes steering a little. A common mod many have done and easily reversed.

To give you a little more legroom look for now kind of rare Buell Olysses foot pegs (surprise I found a pair. Some dealers may still have a pair). They need a little adjustment, they are a little wider than stock, but give you another inch of room. I moved mine from my WEE to the V2. Every little bit helps and I am not 6.3.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congrats.

you may want to ensure valve adjustment maintenance is up to date. a headlight relay is also good preventative maintenance as many have discovered.
Is the headlight relay a difficult job? I don't worry about turning wrenches but messing with the wiring makes me nervous

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Is the headlight relay a difficult job? I don't worry about turning wrenches but messing with the wiring makes me nervous
If you order from Eastern Beaver you get a new wiring harness with instructions. Really plug and play. Harness can be threaded between frame and engine without tank removal. It provides a new circuit for your lights as some have discovered oem circuit failures. check google search box for info. lights failing at night can be disabling/dangerous.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
If you order from Eastern Beaver you get a new wiring harness with instructions. Really plug and play. Harness can be threaded between frame and engine without tank removal. It provides a new circuit for your lights as some have discovered oem circuit failures. check google search box for info. lights failing at night can be disabling/dangerous.
What Chicago said, and if you add PC-8 from EB you'll be set for later electrical additions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts