StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if any of you have purchased tires through the US. I am looking at the Tourance which seems to be $100 less in the US.I noticed some online supplier don't ship tires to Canada. If anyone has info that would be great.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I will be installing my 3rd Tourance on the back of my Wee shortly. Only tire I will buy now, gets a good 16-20 thousand KM and performs well in all pavement situations.

I buy mine thru www.imotorcyclestore.com in the States. I live very close to the US, and have it sent there, then drive over and install it myself. That saves me gst/pst/duty. Shipping is free. 150.00 US.

MAW online sells the tourance for 135.00 but shipping isnt free, so probably works out about the same.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
ps: the Tourance full list price in canada is 306.00, add the taxes and you can see there is quite a savings buying and picking up across the line.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey CYKZflyer,

You can have stuff shipped here if you are considering it.

http://usaddressinc.com/

Reasonable price to receive and hold your packages. Just over the bridge at Lewiston so its easy to get to. I've used them a few times.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
ps: the Tourance full list price in canada is 306.00, add the taxes and you can see there is quite a savings buying and picking up across the line.
I got a set of Tourance tires + installation + GST + PST for $450 out the door in Ottawa. Just the taxes are over $50 so the tires + install were less than $400.

Since I wouldn't do the install myself, and most shop around here charge $40-50/tire, my local tire price wasn't bad at all.

For what it's worth..

Sue

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys.The best I can seem to do here in Toronto is $215.00 plus tax and install. Drives me crazy that the price in the US is $140.00.:???:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts