StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Been looking for quality racks for the Wee for a while now and also really liked the look of the Wolfman bags and mounting system.

After approaching Steve from Adventure Moto, I offered him my Wee (K7) as a development mule for he and his pal Jason Barrett (Barrett Exhausts - Racing Exhausts and Performance Products to design and build these racks.

I am extremely happy with the result, very strong, plenty of leg room for passenger on the back as well and very versatile.

I suggested the addtional D loops on the top rails of the racks to make it a cinch to tie down extra stuff. Real handy.

And looks like plenty of room for a tool tube to be fitted later......

These same racks also fit the alloy cases also made by Jason Barrett.

Given the interest I see on forums for good quality racks for the Wee, I figured others would want to be informed of this new product now available in Australia.

I understand Steve is coming up with pricing for Wee owners with the new racks and Wolfman bags as a package deal.

If interested, contact the good folks at Adventuremoto a call on 1300 46 66 86 or [email protected]

Now where's me kitchen sink ?

Cheers...herdygerdy.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Nice set up with the option of hard and soft luggage.

I see you have ****'s [MJM at Goulburn NSW] seat, there is none better on a bike. :fineprint:

Now all you need is a B&B bashplate and a Nilgiri rack and you have a fully farkled bike for real travelling. :yesnod:

Thanks for posting up details of the racks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
G'day Herdy,

Thanks for posting that on the forum mate, these look fantastic and I'll be very interested in getting this set-up with those same bags in the near future.
I've got a staintune exhaust on my K7 wee and it appears as though it might stick out a bit further than the std exhaust and has it has no shield...just the the can so I wouldn't want the racks to be pressing up against the exhaust.That is my only concern on getting pannier racks.
I like the look of those yellow bags, seems to hold a lot of gear plus makes the bike more visable from the rear.
I'll be making some enquiries about these....Are you going to Bingara? if so I can check them out in real life.

Cheers

wobbly

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've been wanting to get a set up like that .Thanks for the info I will give them a call. Great idea putting those D rings on for anchor points.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice set up with the option of hard and soft luggage.

I see you have ****'s [MJM at Goulburn NSW] seat, there is none better on a bike. :fineprint:

Now all you need is a B&B bashplate and a Nilgiri rack and you have a fully farkled bike for real travelling. :yesnod:

Thanks for posting up details of the racks. :thumbup:
Well spotted Ockerstrom on ****'s seat. I am a Kiwi with ducks disease (me bum's too close to the ground) and so I took the challenge to **** at MJM in Goulburn, a real pleasant fellow to do business with.

I am real happy with the result and it is now pretty much an all day seat, or at least a whole tank of fuel kinda seat and on this Wee, I have amazingly seen 500 kms out of a tank. Oh Happy Daze !

I scored a bashplate from the PO when I bought the bike, but have resisted putting it on as my riding is about 95% tar, 5% dirt at the moment. But I hope to change that.

Yes, am keen for one of those racks, lets hope another production run is underway soon.

Cheers...herdygerdy

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hello, thanks for the info, Wolfman dont make them for the Strom so I got a set of Happytrails and the wolfman "other" mounting kit for my wolfman luggage, the mounting kit is a set of 8 d shackle's velcro strapped to the happy trail racks. I had to cut rectangles out of the stock heatshield where the HT rack uprights are. IMHO the racks you posted look better and I like the strap mounts however on steves rack it appears the bags are mounted slighty forward and higher than the happytrail rack postion, from my pic with me +wife the bags would be close to my wifes feet. The happytrail racks are evenly spaced from centre and fit a large tool tube (just)
Qu 1 - Are they evenly spaced from the centreline of the bike?
Qu 2 - Will they fit a large tootube and still give clearance for the rear tyre?
Qu 3 - Do you have any specs on the total width, size of steel tubing used, etc.

FYI, the wolfman bags have a protective backing sheet so they dont melt the bag. I dont put anyting on the right side that might get effected by heat, yes it does get hot but not enough to melt anything....so far.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts