StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been riding various bikes for a few years (roughly 19). Every few years I get the urge to switch bikes. Been riding a night rod special for a few years. It's a great bike.

Last year I lost by best friend that I rode with almost daily. Since then everything has changed with the crowd I ride with. I'm the youngest of the group and I just can't relate to them much anymore. I find myself riding alone more than anything.

So some guys I know got some dual sports. I had one years ago and it was great. Not great for long rides tho. Anyhow for the past couple months I contemplated a dual sport. Did tons of research and decided on a KLR 650. A local dealer has a bunch so I went in to make a deal. They are a HD dealer too so they will give me enough for my vrod. I kept seeing this odd looking bike beside the KLRs but there was no info on it. I all but decided to make the deal on a 17 used klr. Then a few days later the dealer had a new ad out. One of the bikes was a 2015 vstrom 650 for $4690. So I went back in to check it out. Turns out it's a brand new leftover. So what the heck, I take it for a spin. Wow! What a fun, practical, comfortable bike. And brand new!! So I gave them a deposit to hold it while I'm traveling for business all week. The deal is basically $5000 out the door. I think that's pretty dang good. Going to pick it up Saturday. Can't wait!

So get ready for all the stupid newb questions!!! Haha.

I will be off roading the bike a little, within reason. So some 50/50 tires will be needed. And I want heated grips, a top box big enough for a case of beer, crash bars.... you know how it goes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome! I felt like it was a good deal - hearing it from you guys makes me feel even better. I can't wait to get it dirty!

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Hola, case of beer enjoyed on a dirt ride guarantees you will fall down.
50-50 tires. Shinko 804-805 tires and heated grips, Oxford. Big Top box, Home Depot, check the tools section.
Google them all here and much to be learned.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hola, case of beer enjoyed on a dirt ride guarantees you will fall down.

50-50 tires. Shinko 804-805 tires and heated grips, Oxford. Big Top box, Home Depot, check the tools section.

Google them all here and much to be learned.

Thanks for the tips!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the bike yesterday morning. Put about 100 miles on it. Mostly dirt roads, field paths, even some atv trails. Liking it so far. I can tell a tire upgrade would make this a very capable off roader.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
What dealer was this? Maybe he has another.....
You bet! I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a good lightly-used Wee sometime soon, and that price is right around what I'm looking at! Want!

(Is there any way to search all Suzuki dealers in the US from one site? Or should I just start one at a time from my zip code out? :nerd: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts