StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I can't get to the forum for a few days or longer.

It appears that the New Posts function is limited to 100 threads. Any way to extend beyond the last 100 posts or threads?

Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think it's limited to 5 pages, but you can set your options to show 40 threads per page, so you can get 200 threads of "new" postings.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I think it's limited to 5 pages, but you can set your options to show 40 threads per page, so you can get 200 threads of "new" postings.
Hmm, for some reason that doesn't work for me. I have it set to 40 and I still get 20 posts per page. :confused:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have never actually changed my settings to display 40 threads per page until I saw that you guys said it does not work, so I gave it a try. It did not work for me either. What the hey?:confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The limit was set to 50 posts years ago because a higher limit was overtaxing the servers. Without the limit, the servers kept crashing. The servers were upgraded and the limit raised to 100. The native search function here was crippled for the same reason and the Google custom search box installed. Maybe the server farm can handle more now that Brendan sold the site to Verticalscope. I don't have that information.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The limit was set to 50 posts years ago because a higher limit was overtaxing the servers. Without the limit, the servers kept crashing. The servers were upgraded and the limit raised to 100. The native search function here was crippled for the same reason and the Google custom search box installed. Maybe the server farm can handle more now that Brendan sold the site to Verticalscope. I don't have that information.
Thanks for the reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts