StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Where do I begin. I'm 34, been riding since 83'. Have had many bikes and ATV's. Currently I own an 06 DRZ400S and an 07' Ninja 250. (don't laugh, its a blast...sold my ZX-7 a few years ago.) Plus an ATV-Kawasaki BruteForce 750. Trying to decide on a 4th bike. The 3rd will be a TW200. So, my choices were a Verseys or another KLR or maybe even a used older Concours. I set a $7000 or less limit on bikes. Anymore than that and its hard to justify. But, along came the "Wee" and it simply seems like the best choice. It won't be as good off-road as a KLR but thats what the DRZ is for. On the road it will be worlds better than the KLR. Power, comfort, wind protection, EFI etc. I briefly considered the V-1000 but just can't justify the price. I pretty much never ride 2 up and I'm not into cruising at 85mph. Speedlimit is fine for me on the Interstate. But anyway, here are some questions that I have:
1) It has tubeless tires..right?
2) Will it run heated gear. I have a new Gerbings jacket and would like to get pants also. Maybe gloves.
3) Anybody know about those TKC80 tires and what the avergage mileage that you can get out of them?
4) Can I jump table top jumps on it and get "Rad"? :)

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
1. Yes tubeless tyres
2. About 100w available for extras so you need to be careful. A voltmeter on the dash is handy if you plan on running high current items.
3. TKC-80's seem to get up to about 3000 miles on the rear for most people who ride mixed street and dirt.
4. Evil Knievel jumped buses and cars on a Harley what you jump depends on the size of your testicles and how good your health insurance is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JWT,

Grew up just north of Baltimore in Bel Air. Moved to Az in 88' when I was 14. Still visit Md all the time but never want to live there again. Love Az too much. Sure do love the summers back east though. Good luck fishing and long live the A-Team!

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts