StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!
Is there anyone out there, who has any experiece with changing the industrial chimneys on a Dl 1000 to nice low weight Leo Vinci pipes? I would be so happy to listen to your opinion/ experiences. I´m also considering a powercomander since it keeps shooting. Take care out there.
Mr Strom

·
Administrator
17,009 Posts
LOT'S of us have done this!!!!!!!!;) Leo's are sweet exhausts, they are ideal for the 1000.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its fairly easy to change the strom exhaust (I have the two brothers), it can be done in under an hour. As for the 'shooting', get/borrow a yosh or teka box to give it more fuel instead of spending money on a PCIII.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your replys.

Sideswipe: Sorry for my ignorance, but I don´t know what a yosh or teka box is. So please fill me in/ update my knowledge :D . I guess I´ll have to have the cpu adjusted if I shift the cans, right or wrong? And do you know if my Givi rack still will fit?
Hope the sun allways will shine on the pad you travel.
best regards and respect from:
Mr Vstrom

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for your replys.

Sideswipe: Sorry for my ignorance, but I don´t know what a yosh or teka box is. So please fill me in/ update my knowledge :D . I guess I´ll have to have the cpu adjusted if I shift the cans, right or wrong? And do you know if my Givi rack still will fit?
Hope the sun allways will shine on the pad you travel.
best regards and respect from:
Mr Vstrom

The yosh/teka box is a unit that adjusts the fuel/air mix in the ECM (CPU). Its a known fix to the stuttering/surging problems that many 1000 riders face.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts