StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Call me skeptical, but spring loaded phone holder is a no-go for me on any bike, let alone an ADV one. I wouldn't pay $85 for it either, paid <$10 for a GUB Pro3 (has larger "claws" to grip phone in a large case) and you can still find one for about that on Aliexpress (no affiliation with me). The statmount looks nice but I always go with function first, then form

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
is that a handle bar mount? Amazon purchase?
Yes - this is the bar mount

This is a whole set - although I replaced the medium arm that it came with with a short arm because it worked better for where I wanted the mount

·
Registered
150 Posts
That stat mount looks like an accident waiting to happen. I'll stick with the ram x-grip with the safety rubber installed
That's the same setup I use, and even when I forgot the safety rubber, the phone stayed stable at 130km/h. One word of advice though, be sure to glue the rubber at the end of the arms in place. They can and do come off otherwise. Fortunately my phone wasn't in it at the time...

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
I use the X-mount as well ...works and I leave it slightly loose so I can avoid reflections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts