StromTrooper banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
For Windows phone users there is Emergency Assist and Emergency Kit.

Emergency Assist gives the GPS coordinates and allows quick touch screen access to emergency numbers.

Emergency Kit allows you to send an email or sms with the GPS coordinates. Also allows you to list your medications and health conditions as a lock screen so that it is accessible to anyone finding your phone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Apple users can also use the Apple Emergency SOS function to call. There is a difference how to activate a call between new/old phones, 8 and up being new. If selected your Emergency Contact in your Apple Health app will be notified after the SOS call. After the call a text message with your location will also be sent.

Another feature is that it can be used in emergency situations where you don’t have time to log in and go thru different screens. Just pressing buttons will activate a SOS call. Dark parking lots or garages come to mind.

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone

If you need your location use the Apple Maps app. It will open marking your location. Zoom in and set a pointer. You’ll get your address if available and the GPS coordinates.

Don’t forget to setup your Medical ID. Emergency responder can access this info without unlocking your phone.

·
Administrator
5,552 Posts
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia. The app uses a mobile phone's GPS functionality so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone. ‘Emergency+’ also includes SES and Police Assistance Line numbers as options, so non-emergency calls are made to the most appropriate number.
‎Emergency +

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I also have my bride listed in my phone as ICE (insert name) & I don't lock my phone.

If your in a bad way emergency services will look in your phone to try and find a love one to call, they often use the recent history to find them.

ICE is short for In Case of Emergency & they know to call that number.

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
If in Australia, don't try using 911 - it won't work. Use 000 or the mobile no. 112.

In NZ, use 111 (or 112).

In the UK, use 999 (or 112).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts