StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anywhere else to post this because the bloody page banner blocks half my screen when I scroll down..

Admin feel free to move it to a better place..

But how do I get rid of the banner so I can read posts and comments on the page?

I have attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing.. on some screens it is worse, as I see the photo at the top of the banner as well, and it intrudes over more of the screen.

Anyone got a solution for this?
Stromtrooper screen view.PNG

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm using Chrome too and do not experience the same thing. Do you have an extension installed that may be causing the unusual behavior?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had an updated forum problem as well. My viewing of the forum was different than the one you displayed but it too caused major obstruction and scrolling problems. The solution, as suggested to me, was to download google chrome and view the forum with that. I still like the old format better than the new but I am an inflexible old f*ck.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Here's what I see when I first look at your post.

Once I scroll a small amount, the header minimizes and this is what I see:

I'm using Google Chrome for my browser.

·
Registered
389 Posts
For what it's worth, most of the issues seem to have been caused by the old Internet Explorer, or the MS Edge browser. The new Edge browser based on Chrome is now available and is really great - without a lot of the Google behind the scenes spy stuff. Which you know is in Chrome, because Google.

I agree with @Brockie - Firefox for the win.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ockerstrom are you or others still having this issue?

Jeff M

Ok another update, I noticed some others saying they are not having the problem are using Light Mode (once I found where to change the view settings in the new version of the page).. so I switched to Light Mode and the view is normal.
Out of curiosity I switched back to Dark Mode, and whatever was causing the screen overlay issue has resolved itself.

So whatever the software glitch is that causes the overlay when first using the updated version of the forum, it seems it can be rectified by switching to Light Mode, and back again if Dark Mode is the preferred view.

Cheers all,
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on finding a fix.
And thanks Jeff M for the follow up from the Admin side. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts