StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, picked up my 2006 Strom this week. First ride was from Adelaide to Marla where I'm working. Longest trip I've ever done in one day, car or bike, 1100 km. I don't even think you can go that far in England.
Been in SA for 2 years now. I had a cbr600 there.
Love the bike, got a madstad already, pity my airhawk didn't arrive before I set off! Fancy a dirt road now but no experience of that.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Welcome Brent.

Did you get the 650 or the 1000?

You will enjoy the bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Welcome Brent also,1100k first up that is a big ride,I did 900 during the west trip some time ago and I was happy to get off albeit Graham D/U would consider it a coffee run-:yesnod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the thou and love it already. I always hankered after a BMW r1200gs, but now I'm not sure what it could really do better than this especially for 3 x the price.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Got the thou and love it already. I always hankered after a BMW r1200gs, but now I'm not sure what it could really do better than this especially for 3 x the price.
I had an 1150GS, the Wee is better for me.
Does everything the GS could and costs 1/3 the price to buy and maintain- plus it has been more reliable than my GS ever was.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :thumbup:
:green_lol::green_lol:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice one Brent. A thou! You're doubly welcome. :thumbup:

Get on to Cool Dollar and the Adelaide group. They're pretty active and they'll introduce you to some dirt the next time you're in town. It's been my experience that it's always better to have others around if you're tackling dirt on one of these top-heavy bikes in your early stages of ownership. Or maybe it's just that I'm a crap rider. :bom_dunce2:

Anyway, good to see another VEE on the forum.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good choice of bike, enjoy all those backroads that the cruisers & sport bikes u-turn at.
The airhawk is the best accessory to buy IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts