StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just bought a 2016 DL650A. One quick question : I have pit bull stands that I use with my SV650. Will the pin for the front stand also fit the v strom triple clamp? I don't want to just jam it in and damage the bottom triple if it's not compatible. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,054 Posts
Welcome aboard! Stroms are great bikeas! It might be a good idea to put your location etc in your profile.

I don't know the answer to your pit stand question but many of us have centerstands. These will normally raise the rear wheel off the ground and a bit of weight in the back of the bike (and a block under the engine to be safe) will raise the front wheel off the ground.

..Tom

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've seen the sw motech center stand for the sv's and some people report problems as the stand doesn't angle back enough to prevent a casual bump from pushing the bike forward. I think this could be because the stand actually mounts to the shock linkage on the sv. I noticed the frame on the v strom has some flanges with threaded holes just in front of the shock lingage. Is this where the stand mounts? If so, that's a much better location.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks. I've seen the sw motech center stand for the sv's and some people report problems as the stand doesn't angle back enough to prevent a casual bump from pushing the bike forward. I think this could be because the stand actually mounts to the shock linkage on the sv. I noticed the frame on the v strom has some flanges with threaded holes just in front of the shock lingage. Is this where the stand mounts? If so, that's a much better location.
Yep. I do not believe that is a problem any more. I had my OEM stand break and installed the SW Motech and it works fine. If you get one, take the time to check clearances of the shock linkage bolt. The SW Motech stand has a brace that does not allow the rear shock to come out without removing the linkage and the stand brackets came too close to the main linkage bolt head and nut to remove it. I ended up removing the center stand and grinding just enough so that a socket could easily fit onto the shock linkage bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts