StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been reading this page since before I got my new-to-me v-strom.. decided on a 2014 since it seems the changes made in 2012 made it worth it.. without spending more for the latest generation. Been riding older standards and a cruiser for a while.. nice to have something modern and I'm loving it so far.
So far I changed the handlebars (it had some tusks that I swapped for a stock 1000 bar), brake pedal (previous owner bent it) and got some givi side racks and Coyotetrips.com panniers. Haven't installed the panniers yet, will post pics when I do.
One issue I haven't figured out yet is I have no low beam. High works fine. Fuse is good, must have a wiring issue, although I haven't been able to find it. Any suggestions are welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kyler.

You might want to check the bulbs, if you haven't already. My lows went, but one at a time about 3 months apart. Also, you might want to check into the Eastern Beaver relay kit.

Eastern Beaver Relay Kit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did try new bulbs, still no low beam. Maybe I'll make a new post about this if I don't figure it out.
I did just remove the plastic and fuel tank to try and find a bad wire.. couldn't see anything.. weird thing though, the fuel tank vent was leaking lots of gas out when the tank is removed.. I had to pretty much put the tank upside down to get it to stop.. is that normal? It did have pretty much full tank which wasn't helping..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Stalky for the tips. I usually don't go for too many mods but this light issue is getting to me. I'm now reading some threads about the eastern beaver relay kit.. looks like it bypasses most of the wiring, so I won't necessarily have to figure out what is wrong before I install the new wiring/relay kit? Of course I reckon it depends on what is actually wrong now..
Hi beams still work normally with the EB kit right?

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
Yes, with the EB kit both high beams and low beans work normally. However, the relays are triggered by the OEM switches so if there is a problem there it could be duplicated. I would try and locate the issue first. Cleaning the starter switch might help, then checking the big black covered connector for burnt connectors next, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts