StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a DL650 on Friday - enjoying it! I'm hearing a hissing or some type of noise coming from the front (up through or under the faring) when the clutch is engaged and I'm giving it gas. If I dissengage the clutch or back off on the throttle the noise goes away. Is this standard on these bikes? Is this perhaps coming from the fuel pump?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Never heard of that one. Are you sure it's just not the sound of trapped air b/c of the screen/fairing?

Have you checked your chain to make sure it's got plenty of slack? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Not related to velocity - so it's not airflow. I hear it all speeds and it's definately dependent on the throtle. Hmmm.... Not sure about the chain, but again, sounds like it's coming from the top front of the motor. I guess if you don't hear it, then it's not standard.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Does it sound disturbing or not right? I always wear earplugs and have a Scorpion pipe so I usually just hear the pipe. I do know when my chain was a little too tight I hear more noise coming from under the front when I applied throttle. After I loosened it, I heard nothing.

I'd take it to a reliable shop and let the mechanic ride it. That's of course not necessarily a dealer but a shop you trust if you have one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've noticed some hissing on my 2006 which I bought about a year ago. It's difficult to hear it doesn't seem to be an issue. Loving the bike though :)
-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts