StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of unfortunate years with my GoldWing (deer) and BMW K1600 (rear-ended) I've decided to try a different direction. Took possession today of a mint 2015 650XA ABS EXP with 10,500km.
Very happy camper.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Welcome - please have Ontario warm up before I get home late April :D

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Grey Ghost :surprise: ...I'd be getting some reflective tape on that beasty and some hi-Viz gear. I had a grey bike and ended up in some fog and rain at night in traffic with black rain gear and a black helmet and realized I was just about invisible.
Bought a HiViz rain jacket and hi-viz helmet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Kim jacket, good reflective tape on it. Will be adding led lights all over the back of the bike for added safety too. Reflective tape is a great idea, especially since it's available in black. I've seen police cars using it and it really pops when the lights hit it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After a couple of unfortunate years with my GoldWing (deer) and BMW K1600 (rear-ended) I've decided to try a different direction. Took possession today of a mint 2015 650XA ABS EXP with 10,500km.
Very happy camper.
Congrats on the bike. I had a 2012 DL650 and enjoyed it before moving to a 2014 DL1000A. Great fuel economy, nice handling, excellent aftermarket support.

I miss the Ottawa area. I lived there (Hunt Club, then Riverside Drive, then Osgoode) until I moved to the USA in 2000. Ah yes, skating on the canal, going to the Senators games, snowmobiling in Gatineau, boating on Big Rideau...

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Yeah great stuff. Especially from the sides getting lit up at night is critical.
Make your next helmet a hi-viz if it's not already...I was very impressed when buddy got his hi-viz yellow ...he stood out so clearly in traffic that I got one shortly. Helmet is pretty much a 360 degree light.

It just pops

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome Grumpa, great to have another Stromtrooper in the area.
Looking forward to getting the bike out and on the road again for another season of adventure.
With any luck it will be out this week end.
I am in Osgoode so if ever looking for a ride partner for day rides, give me a shout.

Greg
aka Osgoode65

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very happy camper.
Welcome. Yes there are a few Ottawa area riders. I haven't been out much this year yet, wimping out with the wet and chilly weather. We do get out for a ride now and then. Hope to see you out there. (oh, nice bike.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadly, my time here comes to an end. ??. My wife found the bike so uncomfortable that she refused to ride with me. Sold now to someone with a 2011 Wee that wanted an Expedition model.

My search has brought me to a BMW K1200GT.

Hardly the V-Strom I wanted or the change in direction I was looking for but if it makes my wife happy who am I to complain?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts