StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just picked up a 2015 V-strom DL650A in Ottawa. I've never owned a V-Strom before. I spent a decent amount of time researching my next bike, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing what it's like instead of just reading about it. I'm really hoping the weather warms up so I can have more riding days! For the other Ottawa riders here, hope to see you out there on the roads!

·
Administrator
13,376 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad you made it here!

You have some wonderful riding not far from you! Also a pretty active group of strokes in the area.

Unfortunately we had to cancel th annual Bancroft meet up (for now). Usually there is a good group from Eastern Ontario and at least one rider from Montreal. (@Max in Montreal)

Hopefully we will pick it up later in the year.

..Tom

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey everyone!

I just picked up a 2015 V-strom DL650A in Ottawa. I've never owned a V-Strom before. I spent a decent amount of time researching my next bike, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing what it's like instead of just reading about it. I'm really hoping the weather warms up so I can have more riding days! For the other Ottawa riders here, hope to see you out there on the roads!
Yeah, I've been part of this group for ages, though I go AWOL for months at a time. I haven't been on in weeks, but this morning my calendar app on my phone went off, letting me know today is lunch in Bancroft. I'd forgotten. Great, bike's out of winter hibernation, let's go! A few seconds of elation before I realized there is no ride to Bancroft for lunch today. Here I am on Stromtrooper instead.

I live in Nepean and have been on some nice local rides, and a few a little farther (NY, PA, the like). No cross-country jaunts though one is planned, to camp and fish with buddies in the foothills of the Rockies this summer. I'm hoping that's still on in mid July but I'll do my little part to beat this pandemic, though.

There are many sportier bikes, better off-road bikes; but I am still thrilled with mine everytime it takes me somewhere, across town or out to the boonies. We'll meet up and ride sometime.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey everyone!

Welcome ,Bike is same as mine .It's my second one & it now has 75,000 K of pure joy & trouble free riding.These bikes show you don't need to spend big bucks to have big fun

·
Registered
192 Posts
My home town! Welcome!

·
Registered
14,868 Posts
I've met a number of Canadian riders at BMW rallies. Wonder if the Strom contingent makes the trek into the lower 48 States for summer touring like the BMW crowd does. A lot of the riders worked in the oil industry and winter was the time to put in the hours. Summer melt made getting to drill sites arduous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts