StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relocated from Texas, ( Ponder..yes, it’s a very small town full of thinkers) to Rutherfordton. The locals pronounce it “Ruffton”. Been on motorcycles since I was 16. I’m now 73 and ride a 2007 DL 650 that I purchased brand new. The primary reason for the relocation was retirement and a strong desire to get away from 105 degree summers. Secondly, while on a vacation trip me and my wife got to ride the “Tail of the Dragon” a few times… Needless to say I discovered a way to wear my tires out evenly all across the tread area! In Texas you just wear down in the middle. There are only two seasons there… Green and Brown… Here there are four seasons and really good trout fishing.
My handle will be “TJR” and I’ll be looking forward to interacting with y’all. This is a Great Site!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to Stromtrooper. TJR :cool:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Where in NC are you located???

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I’m actually between Lake Lure and Rutherfordton, off of Freemantown Road.
Where are you at?
South of Charlotte in the big burg of Weddington. :cool:
Man, all you've got to do is point your scoot towards Lake Luke and let the fun begin!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
South of Charlotte in the big burg of Weddington. :cool:
Man, all you've got to do is point your scoot towards Lake Luke and let the fun begin!!!
You are 100% corrrrrrect!! Route 64 through Batcave is a blast. I’m really enjoying the riding around here, we just have to convince all the cagers to stay to the right when there’s a double yellow line in sight! 🤨

1 - 20 of 26 Posts