StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello internet! I am a proud new owner of my first motorcycle and I chose a 2013 v-strom 650. I am pleased and have put around 350 miles in 2 days(went from the dealership straight to the interstate for a 180 mile ride home). I'm just saying hello to all you fellow Strom riders out there and welcome any tips and advice. Hope to see you all out on the road!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Kreuld same year & bike as me .

I see its your first motorcycle so take it easy .

Have you much experience with bikes ?

The V-stroms are very reliable & there's a wealth of information on this site

·
Registered
260 Posts
I also have the same year and engine with 40,000 kms. Although the VStrom is capable of interstate speeds all day its best on those other roads with lots of twisties. I toy with the idea of another bike but every time I come back from a trip the idea has faded away. Two additional and useful attachments I put on the bike were the SW Motech centre stand and crash bars. The centre stand allows for easy chain and other maintenance and the crash guards for the embarrassing tumble from a stall and 'miscalculations'. Have fun! Cheers.

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Hola from LaLa land. The 5th largest economy in the world.
Where you at?
I used to complain about a 25 mile commute to the BMW dealer. 180 miles seems like you live in the boonies or at least a dealer desert!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome! I've had my DL for a few months, not had many chances to ride it. Next week will be it's first 100+ mile trip!

·
Registered
22 Posts
You'll be very happy with the bike. Most of us here are! I personally think the V3 is the one to get right now from a tech and price advantage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts