Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Metzeler Karoo 3 Pricing

Per Revzilla:

Front $162.35
Rear $202.25

3/4/2013: Update - I ordered a set today. Current projected ship date is "mid March".

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
/News/1/18/26896.html"]Metzeler announces spring 2013 debut for Karoo 3[/URL] I am hoping that someone will post a review as soon as they get their hands on a set!

Nice to have more options. Like you, I'll wait for some reviews to roll in before letting go of the $$. :yesnod:

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have not tried these tires and probably won't due to price. I am now running Heidenuau K 60's due to all the rave revues and while I am happy with the performance they did NOT last anywhere near the miles I read guys were getting. I live in the foothills of the NC mountains and the roads are rough and I weigh 300 and ride hard. But I only got 3500 out of the rear which at $170 is 20 cents per mile which seems like a lot to me.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
My bad, math has never been my strong suit. I did 3500 divided by 170 not the other way around. However it's still a lot of money for few miles in my book. And no the $170 did not include mount and dyna beads, that was another $20. But to me even 5 cents per mile for a rear only is still pricey. YMMV

·
Registered
449 Posts
my experience with the Karoo T is that even though the initial cost is highest, cost per mile (they last longer) is lowest

I can only assume the Karoo 3s will perform similarly in longevity, price is similar

yas get what ya pay for
So how many miles were you getting out a a Karoo rear?

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
So how many miles were you getting out a a Karoo rear?
I would say about 6000 and still have some off road traction, I rode one up to 8000± but that one was right down to minimum tread depth. about 15k out of fronts till I didn't like em anymore, prolly could have gone 20k and still be legal tread depth, I did have to reverse the front about halfway thru once as I had too many pavement miles and it wore in a sawtooth pattern

my studded "winter" Karoo lasted me 3 winters about 15k and was still at 50% tread, but no longer the snow/ice traction I desired so I trashed it (for some reason, studs make bike tires last longer)

so really $190 for 3500 miles was that mounted on the bike or just on the wheel,

if your time is worth money, to compare apples to apples, you need to assume dealer cost for your own labor for comparison of value

back when gas was under $2/gallon, most motorcyclists were spending more per mile for rubber than they were for gasoline. I have spent as much as $1500/year on tires&mounting on bike and in the same year only spent $1200 on fuel

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
449 Posts
That was mounted and dyna beads on the wheel, but I can pull the rear off and put it back on in just a few minutes so I don't figure any time there. I have never got anywhere near the miles out of any tire as others say they get. I guess it's just a matter of weight, riding style and road surfaces. I do really like the look of the new Karoo and I'm sure it will be a great choice for those who need a good 50-50 tire

·
Registered
164 Posts
Per Revzilla:

Front $162.35
Rear $202.25

3/4/2013: Update - I ordered a set today. Current projected ship date is "mid March".
Have your tires arrived yet? Please post pics and let us know your initial impressions when you get a chance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you got good miles out of a karoo t you are a baby on the throtle or ride on carpet . I put a set on for a canada off rd ride 300 miles dirt logging roads 400 hwy miles 5/32 wear 700 miles . you do the math .
Gearbox

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
wondering if anyone has actually been on or tried the Karoo 3's yet and has any feedback or pictures to share. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bump ... i think they have been shipping anybody try them??

1 - 20 of 52 Posts