StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live and ride around Tulsa. I just met OKNEMO at Utica Square. I'm interested in group rides.
Currently I ride an 08 DL1000. PCIII, Leo Vince slips and K&N filter.
Extremely throttle hungry... Previously owned an 08 Bandit 1250S, and a '94Ninja ZX-11. (both 150+ bikes). I get about 32 mpg. Should be much, much better... I'll try some of the fuel maps. Plus, I tried to sync the throttle bodies.. but didn't quite get it right.
Can't avoid the tickets though! $400 outside Okmulgee last spring.. ouch!

I started with an 06 DL650, so I have a informed opinion on both models. I actually like both of them quite well. pros and cons either way, but no wrong answer.

Looking forward to meeting some other riders out there... My DL 1000 is silver and I'm usually zipping through traffic to my office at Skelly Drive and Lewis.

later,
vaughn

·
Registered
47 Posts
OKMan - I'm in Bartlesville.

Haven't yet made it on any rides and will probably need some serious bike time before I could do technically challenging rides.

I'm expecting my 09 DL650 to come in this week.

I currently have a Rebel and just use it to cruise around town.

Hope to join the OK crew in the near future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome!! Glad to see some more Tulsa peeps here. I'm actually down in Bixby, but you can see my 650 zipping all over the place between Tulsa and Stillwater. Took my first real twisties ride on the Wee a couple weekends ago and I'm starving for some more curves to eat up on this bike. If you know of any secret roads near the 918 please share.

Shiny side up! :mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome & couple of local twisties

for you Tulsa area locals, the twisties I like the most are:
1. East of Tulsa: Hiway 20 from Locust Grove to Lake Spavinaw... very cool, but be careful, several bikers have died along that route..

2. West of Tulsa: Coyote trail, located west of Keystone dam road off hiway 51

3. North of Tulsa: Anywere in Osage county is great... traffic is light, lots of great stretches, especially the road west from Bartlesville.

4. South of Tulsa: Just take 64 and go past leonard and head into Muskogee the "back way". Take 62 across the river and then head south on hiway 10 to Lake TenKiller. Very cool ride!

Best to all.
Vaughn

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Dad was telling me about 64 past Leonard just the other day... I'm in Stillwater currently, I may hit up the Coyote Trail on my way back to Tulsa tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bad Brad's BBQ is creeping up higher on my list. There is one in Pawhuska. If 60West is good - I may have to check it out soon.

I'm supposed to pick up my bike Thurs....

Financing bikes < 650cc is insane:mad:

See y'all soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bad Brad's BBQ is creeping up higher on my list. There is one in Pawhuska. If 60West is good - I may have to check it out soon.
I'm from KS, but bought my '08 Wee from the fine folks in Bartlesville. I would call 60W a pleasant ride, but not spectacular. However, Bad Brad's is worth traveling over most any road for.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
okman,

I think I saw you turning on 51st and yale several days ago. I almost ran through the intersection looking. Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got my Wee Thursday. Didn't put too many miles on her yet. Looks like I can't really do any big rides yet due to break-in period? 5000 Rev limit is kind of restrictive...

Anyway - I'll try put in some saddle time next weekend. I'm a big cold weather wimp - so it will have to be above 40 d;-)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Got my Wee Thursday. Didn't put too many miles on her yet. Looks like I can't really do any big rides yet due to break-in period? 5000 Rev limit is kind of restrictive...

Anyway - I'll try put in some saddle time next weekend. I'm a big cold weather wimp - so it will have to be above 40 d;-)
Once you have 4-5 heat cycles on the motor just ride it normally, don't worry about the rev limit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
+1 on what Rich said.

The only place I've seen or heard the "break in" advice, is in the manual. Even the dealer (also the owner) told me to ride it like I stole it, and not to low rpm it over long periods.

My first oil change came out fairly clean.

Get some good riding gear and have fun!

T/J, Rich I expect I will be seeking some spring set up advice after I recover from Christmas. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Scott has it right, riding in the worse weather is better then the best day at work! So just do it, be safe and have fun, thats what it is all about.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What part of Kansas are you from Mongo?
I'm from Wichita, but I do get to Tulsa from time to time. I have a number of friends and relatives in the area.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was a Blue 'Strom that pulled up behind me on my way home from work on Sunday, around 131st and S. Memorial! Was it anyone on here?
I've got a blue Wee and live near 111th & Memorial but it wasn't me.

I often see a blue Wee parked out aways in the Lowe's parking lot at 111th & Memorial like it might belong to an employee there. Is that anyone on here?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts