StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - just bought a new leftover (2015) V1000 standard which I'm picking up next weekend.

Already thinking about outfitting it with some protective gear.

Sorry if this has already been asked - but would the SW Motech skid plate attach to the Touratech crash bars?

Kind of like the overall protection of the Touratech bars but really don't care for their skid plate and vice versa with the Motech gear.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I don't know the answer; but, Welcome aboard, Kyllini.

You bought yourself one awesome bike. To date, my 2014 V2 has been my favorite bike. She's a "keeper".

Here's to many safe miles ahead on your new ride :cheers2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce!
Have a big old Valkyrie sitting in the garage - that's just not the kind of bike you want to jump on and have some fun.
Last year when I brought the Valk to the dealer for service, they happened to have a V strom sitting there so I took it for a quick ride.
Couldn't believe how light, tight & agile it felt.
I was hooked, so I just pulled the trigger on a very well price leftover.
Got lots of plans to take it out and have some much needed fun.
So many safe & happy miles to you too ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Skid plate

I have the motech skid plate but mounted to the Suzuki crash bars. I like the way both work. Why not get the Suzuki bars?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just like the protection provided by the Touratech around the fairing area.

Motech crash bars are like the Suzuki (in my opinion) a little low.

I do like the Motech skid plate - it looks like it provides ample coverage below (much better than Touratech, just a personal preference that probably doesn't really affect realistic / real world performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts