StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, new rider, new wee strom owner , but older guy( somewhat)!
The forum is great for stuff I' ve wondered about.
Bought a beauty 2007 in 2012 and love it.
RE ; stock seat changing - anyone near PGH have a Sargent or Russell on their wee I could sit on to check out? I'm 6'3" -210 - it seems like I want t o go up and back a bit but not sure.
Thnx!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Congrats on your Wee ownership! It's a helluva fun bike. If I lived near ya, I'd invite you to take a spin on my Russell-equipped Wee. Made a world of difference for me. I'm not so sure that it gained me any height over the gel seat I had but it is way comfy and my saddle soreness is history. One minor detail is that when braking to a complete stop, I notice I tend to slide forward and inch or two. It bothered me at first but after a day of riding on it, I forgot about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx BaBaAus, just checked out the Northeast rally link - looks tempting.
Who decides where the rally is held?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I believe it's sort of a consensus amongst those Troopers who have participated in the past although your questions is best posed to richw and chirosyd.

I've foolishly had other plans August '11 & '12 when the rally was held up in northern NH but I made darn sure I reserved that weekend THIS year so I can join in the fun.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hi Drumdog

I'm in McMurray with a Russell Day Long on my 07. The Wee's about to go into surgery for a cruise control install but it should be ready to go long before spring. I've got RDLs on 2 bikes and am a big fan of their saddles. I weigh 215 and have ridden them for 15-18 hrs a day with no discomfort.

You're more than welcome to try it when you'd like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnx Bobagain, any preference or feedback on the stitch pattern ? I've gone ahead and got in the cue at RDL (March) for my saddle ,but I appreciate the offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts