StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm planning on buying a 2012 V-Strom DL650 this next week. Because the adventure model is the only one readily available in my state, I'll have to go with it - I wanted black more than orange, but I would have preferred to put on my own stuff, especially after reading all the negative reviews about the windshield, bags, etc.

I hope to take the bike on long-distance tours, something I've never done before. I want to eventually go to Nevada and fart around in the desert, then maybe play hookers and hire blackjack.

I look forward to talking with you all in the future.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good choice!

You will enjoy this bike. For the $$$ it is very difficult to beat.

Welcome to the 650 clan.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi all!

I'm planning on buying a 2012 V-Strom DL650 this next week. Because the adventure model is the only one readily available in my state, I'll have to go with it - I wanted black more than orange, but I would have preferred to put on my own stuff, especially after reading all the negative reviews about the windshield, bags, etc.

I hope to take the bike on long-distance tours, something I've never done before. I want to eventually go to Nevada and fart around in the desert, then maybe play hookers and hire blackjack.

I look forward to talking with you all in the future.
Several others have said that dealers have been willing to sell the Black without the extras, and the Orange with them, so check around before paying for something you don't really want...

And here's to a fun NV trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts