StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I live in Stirling, Central Scotland where the scenery is fantastic and the roads are brilliant. Have owned my DL1000K2 for nearly 3 years now and love it. Have owned many bikes in the past and have around 15 at the moment but the DL is the business. Most of my bikes fall into specific categories and serve specific purposes but the DL is my all rounder ride of choice. Spent many months waying up all the alternatives before settling on the DL as the bike for me (knew this almost immediately but gave all the opposition a chance to be considered).
Would like to meet up with all in my area, and arrange ride outs and offer assistance to those that venture this way on holidays, adventure or rideouts - remember this a great place to bike and after all this is where God comes to ride his bike !
Am at the moment in the middle of customising by DL, that is shedding weight, attempting to make a 2-1, running lights etc. and some engine tuning.
Look forward to hearing from and possibly meeting with members some time soon.:thumbup:

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Stromtrooper!!!

I EXPECT to see some pictures!!!

My wife and I are visiting Ireland in June...Scotland is our next trip.

BTD.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Mr. I,

Welcome.

I've been to Sterling and have to agree that the scenery is indeed fantastic, but the roads are insane. People drive on the wrong side of them all the time and nobody cares!

When I was there I only drove on the wrong side occasionally.

At any rate, I envy you. One of my dreams is to return to Scotland, forget to tell the family in Glasgow and spend two weeks in the Highlands on two wheels.

The Scotch Whisky is good there and cheap, too.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got my CZ in Glasgow in 1971.

My second bike was a yellow CZ which I picked up in Glasgow the summer of 1971. I spent about five days riding around and camped two nights at Loch Ness looking for Nessie. I have always claimed to have seen him (her?), but will confess here that I may have been overimbibing ever so slightly.

I would love to do that trip again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My ancestors are from that area. they left around the mid-1800's.They ran the local mill/general store in a place called Ordie Mill I think. If you know any M(a)cFarlanes?Tell them I said Hi!
Glad to have you along. Post lots of pictures from your local rides please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice welcome

Thanks all for the nice 'hello's'.:thumbup: Good to feel welcome.
Come and visit, stay a while, we'll make space if anyone wants to stay around the Stirling area, and, I have about 30 malts in the house at the moment !!!:hurray:
Will send pics when I get organised - that's a bigger than you know.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Thanks all for the nice 'hello's'.:thumbup: Good to feel welcome.
Come and visit, stay a while, we'll make space if anyone wants to stay around the Stirling area, and, I have about 30 malts in the house at the moment !!!:hurray:
Will send pics when I get organised - that's a bigger than you know.
Don't tempt me............

·
Registered
56 Posts
A warm welcome from a Swedish fellow Vee rider!

Am at the moment in the middle of customising by DL, that is shedding weight, attempting to make a 2-1, running lights etc. and some engine tuning.
Well, NOW i´m all ears! :mrgreen:
It would be very interesting too see some pics of your 2-1 and tuning.
I have been thinking about a 2-1 myself, but never dared since i have never welded before...:blush:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hows it going there lad, was in Stirling last May, great spot, very lively on a saturday night and its either Scotland or Cornwall this year not sure when though..............anyway welcome from a Celtic neighbour :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
the grass is always greener...

I live in the best stromming area in the world (Kemnay , Scotland) but I'm bored with it now and I'm heading to spain in september with my wife tagging along on her new er-6f. ( tagging being the operative word as she will never catch me :) ...
We went to vegas in November and hired a couple of Harleys for a week. It was pretty cool but I wouldnt swap my strom for one as the chrome would be brown dust before the end of the year:thumbdown:
has anyone biked to Spain / Murcia from the UK?

·
Registered
4 Posts
spain

hi there, yes i and my mate travelled to Murcia from UK on bikes last year,great experience, to save time we went from Portsmouth to Santander, great ferry, we travelled to Madrid on the 1st day and on to San Javier the next, if poss stick to their A roads they tend to run alongside the autopistas and are free, its amazing the speed you can get up to on these roads, fuel n grub tend to be cheaper too, we returned via pyrennes and France, in my opinion a waste of time unless you have plenty of time and money, France is very expensive in all respects.We took 4 days to come back to UK, 6 would have made life easier, in retrospect going back to Santander would have been preferable. it is possible to do Murcia to Santander in one hit (500mls) but hard on the body, temps will still be in high 20s low 30s in sept. we did it in july high 30s low 40s very very energy sapping. have a great time. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts