StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Just wanna say hi and, while this is my first post, I've been reading your board for awhile.
Really helped me move from my 2000 SV650 with 100,000kms (incredible bike) to a 2013 650 Vee last year -- I LOVE IT -- although a busy year with work meant a piddling 3500kms -- this summer is the summer of Vee :)
She's a base model and stock and I've added OEM skid plate and handguards. And a Givi monolock topcase. I'd run a monokey before and find the monolock plenty sturdy for what I need.

Thinking about an exhaust and sportier tires one day but this summer I'm gonna wind her out as is.

The pic is the day I brought her home.

So hello and thanks for being here.

Shaun

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

If you have been here reading this board for a while, you know how helpful it is. It is my go to place for everything Vstrom.

If you want to put some real miles on your Vstrom, might I suggest attending NEVA14 first week in August. A great bunch of riders from north of the Border attend, and help to make this a great event. This year, we will be riding the Berkshire region of Massachusetts. Click the link below for more information, and check to see if others from your area will be taking the ride down.

Loved my '11 Vstrom 650, and eeked 30000 miles on it before trading it in this year for a '14 Vee2. Still miss the 650 ALOT, but LOVE the 1000. I am sure you will quickly fall in love with yours, especially coming from an SV650.

Welcome to Stromtrooper world, and safe riding.:thumbup:

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Hey Shaun,

Welcome aboard!

I missed your first post and see that we Canadians seemed to have missed it. What part of Toronto are you in? If you aren't already you might want to check out the Canadian section in Regional forums.. There are lots of local Strom riders around! Perhaps post a little hello there are well.

...Tom

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome to the group Shaun.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
welcome! just one thing, since you have a 650, you should refer to it as a wee not a vee. "vee" is reserved for the 1000, and we are easily confused here:biggrinjester:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts