StromTrooper banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just picked up my 2021 DL650 from Stratford Cycle on Tuesday November 16 and then rode the bike home to Toronto, Ontario.

It was bit of a chilly ride, as can be seen from the snow on the lawn at the dealership. Had my electric vest on so survived the ride 😉.
I presently have a 2018 Triumph T100 Bonneville in the stable but I wanted to get something for longer trips. The Bonneville is a great bike but you get a bit wind swept on the highway. I will be keeping the Bonneville, as my Dad used to say “different horses for different courses”.

Some of my first accessories are plan on purchasing are: OEM Heated Grips, Engine Guards, Centre Stand and Tank protectors.

As I am vertically challenged, 5’ 4” - 30” inseam I may invest in a low seat. On my first ride back to Toronto I felt confident, so the low seat is a maybe, see how I get on with the bike next season.

This Forum is a great resource I look forward to diving in deep.

Cheers
Matthew.

Love the bike love the big ass smile. Looks a bit chilly...I live in Montana and rode to work today, it was only 24 F. Yup it was chilly, but I was dressed properly. Wouldn't do a long ride at that temp, but a quick 10 minute ride to work was nice, also I was wide awake when I arrived...cheers!
View attachment 294544

View attachment 294546

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just picked up my 2021 DL650 from Stratford Cycle on Tuesday November 16 and then rode the bike home to Toronto, Ontario.

It was bit of a chilly ride, as can be seen from the snow on the lawn at the dealership. Had my electric vest on so survived the ride 😉.
I presently have a 2018 Triumph T100 Bonneville in the stable but I wanted to get something for longer trips. The Bonneville is a great bike but you get a bit wind swept on the highway. I will be keeping the Bonneville, as my Dad used to say “different horses for different courses”.

Some of my first accessories are plan on purchasing are: OEM Heated Grips, Engine Guards, Centre Stand and Tank protectors.

As I am vertically challenged, 5’ 4” - 30” inseam I may invest in a low seat. On my first ride back to Toronto I felt confident, so the low seat is a maybe, see how I get on with the bike next season.

Cheers
Matthew.
View attachment 294544

View attachment 294546
Welcome aboard and Mississauga here:)
Great that you are already feeling confident and nice bike!

Tech Spec makes some very nice tank protectors that also provide excellent grip.

Seems to be in stock here:https://www.amazon.com/TechSpec-Gripster-Tank-Grips-2017-CURRENT/dp/B07WT6VM7B

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Welcome aboard and Mississauga here:)
Great that you are already feeling confident and nice bike!

Tech Spec makes some very nice tank protectors that also provide excellent grip.

Seems to be in stock here:https://www.amazon.com/TechSpec-Gripster-Tank-Grips-2017-CURRENT/dp/B07WT6VM7B
Thanks for the heads up 👍

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Just bought them 😉

Just bought them 🙂
Very nice. I've had them for about 10 years on two different bikes and really like them. They provide some grip, but definitely not too much. They seem to last quite a while too.

You probably know this, but you can also get lowering links for the bike to drop it a little bit, if the need arises down the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Very nice. I've had them for about 10 years on two different bikes and really like them. They provide some grip, but definitely not too much. They seem to last quite a while too.

You probably know this, but you can also get lowering links for the bike to drop it a little bit, if the need arises down the road.
Purchased the low seat earlier this week.

·
Administrator
14,470 Posts
Hello ShedBoy, just joined the site myself today. I am from Toronto as well. Just feeling my way around the site.
Welcome aboard!

What part of Toronto are you in? Which bike do you have?

..Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hello ShedBoy, just joined the site myself today. I am from Toronto as well. Just feeling my way around the site.
Hello back at yer 👍
Welcome aboard!

What part of Toronto are you in? Which bike do you have?

..Tom
Hi Tom,

I am a west ender, Lakeshore and Parklawn. Just picked up a 650 Adventure.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum, MHY.

Rectangle Font Art Pattern Diagram

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Matthew.
View attachment 294544

View attachment 294546
Welcome. I've had my 2017 since July of this year, just turned my first 1k on it. Great ride.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts