StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just picked up my 2021 DL650 from Stratford Cycle on Tuesday November 16 and then rode the bike home to Toronto, Ontario.

It was bit of a chilly ride, as can be seen from the snow on the lawn at the dealership. Had my electric vest on so survived the ride 😉.
I presently have a 2018 Triumph T100 Bonneville in the stable but I wanted to get something for longer trips. The Bonneville is a great bike but you get a bit wind swept on the highway. I will be keeping the Bonneville, as my Dad used to say “different horses for different courses”.

Some of my first accessories are plan on purchasing are: OEM Heated Grips, Engine Guards, Centre Stand and Tank protectors.

As I am vertically challenged, 5’ 4” - 30” inseam I may invest in a low seat. On my first ride back to Toronto I felt confident, so the low seat is a maybe, see how I get on with the bike next season.

This Forum is a great resource I look forward to diving in deep.

Cheers
Matthew.
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Motorcycle Sky

Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome from south of you, my last ride was a week ago up Grey Bruce 1, heated jacket and my Oxford heated grips.I now have an issue again with I suspect a bad connection from my 3 phase stator to my series regulator. The same issue I had in the spring and thought I fixed it-embarrassing because I am the guy to ask about series regulators and anything electrical-without too much more detail, my 2015 650 Versys is going to get about 18 inches of added wire between the 3 phase plug from the stator to the harness-all wire is short on the 2015.

Enjoy your ride and a big Welcome.

Reactions: ShedBoy

·
Administrator
14,465 Posts
@manton Welcome aboard! we're glad you joined! What part of Toronto do you live in?

Cold is all about gear... I ride down to -18⁰c for shorter, hour long my rides or commutes and all day at -10⁰c. I didn't ride today because on the east side of Port Perry we got significant snow. Two km west and it was sunny. :(

Keep an eye on the Canadian forum here in Regional forums. Pre Covid we had an annual meet up in Bancroft, usually in April. Hopefully we can do it this year!

Also there are often little rides setup by different Strommers from time to time.

Hope to meet you some time!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Welcome from warm Queensland. I missed my fall colours rides for the first time evah...not missing Ontario November tho. 🥶 tho I used to ride anytime there was no snow.
I was vertically challenged with a 30" inseam on my first 2010 Strom but lowered it and higher boots solved that. Did not need the lowering on the second. The first was bought specifically for a heavily loaded cross Canada trip with my son so carrying gear for both ( no luggage room on FZ8 ), extra fuel etc. The Strom performed flawlessly.
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Enjoy your new ride. (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@manton Welcome aboard! we're glad you joined! What part of Toronto do you live in?

Cold is all about gear... I ride down to -18⁰c for shorter, hour long my rides or commutes and all day at -10⁰c. I didn't ride today because on the east side of Port Perry we got significant snow. Two km west and it was sunny. :(

Keep an eye on the Canadian forum here in Regional forums. Pre Covid we had an annual meet up in Bancroft, usually in April. Hopefully we can do it this year!

Also there are often little rides setup by different Strommers from time to time.

Hope to meet you some time!

..Tom
Hi Tom,
I live in the West end of Toronto.
Cheers
Matthew

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome from Marmora Ont. where they take the temperature for Canada! But seriously folks ,don’t come here,cause we suck! & 416 T.O.rocks!. Come on down, just watch out for LEO on #7 etc.
A ride next year when maybe we can stay someplace , right now that is beyond my maximum day ride of 960 KM
Kitchener

Reactions: ShedBoy

·
Registered
85 Posts
WELCOME to the Nuthouse!!!

The OEM stuff is nice but there is a ton of options out there for these things. A lot of people like the SW-motech stuff. I have Happy Trails gear on my 2020 WEE, which include crash bars, skid plate, center stand, and pannier racks, they make really nice stuff. Look into the Oxford hand warms, or you can even get a hand warmer kit for a snowmobile and mount it up. the snowmobile kits are pretty cheap and work very well. Symtec Heat Demon Quad Zone Snowmobile Grip + Thumb Warmer Kit. Look up that one on ebay. I have that one and it works amazing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WELCOME to the Nuthouse!!!

The OEM stuff is nice but there is a ton of options out there for these things. A lot of people like the SW-motech stuff. I have Happy Trails gear on my 2020 WEE, which include crash bars, skid plate, center stand, and pannier racks, they make really nice stuff. Look into the Oxford hand warms, or you can even get a hand warmer kit for a snowmobile and mount it up. the snowmobile kits are pretty cheap and work very well. Symtec Heat Demon Quad Zone Snowmobile Grip + Thumb Warmer Kit. Look up that one on ebay. I have that one and it works amazing.
Thanks for the advice.
Cheers
Matthew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver..(y)

Just bought on amazon, amazing glove for the price

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Vancouver..(y)

Just bought on amazon, amazing glove for the price

View attachment 294590
What tank protection pads are you using?
Thanks in advance.
Matthew.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts